Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game freezes constant (Diagnostics)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Same problem, more than one tab open = freezing of settlers when go to different tab. I play several other flash games and this only happens on settlers.

Win 10 Home, 32 bit version
    Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Oddly, one work round seems to be to separate the chrome tabs by dragging them apart with one hiding the other. No idea why though.....

Incidentally, opening this thread to input the info above caused the game page to freeze, nuff said.
    Last edited by lordloocan; 01.07.17 at 13:32.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    yes same here and its seriously annoying

windows 10 64 bit
    chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

World
    Northisle
    Same problem as everyone else. It is frankly becoming unplayable.

windows 10 64 bit
    chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    hi, same problem here - since the last game update the game freezes and the only way to unblock it is to reload the page.

Windows 8.1
    Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hope you can fix it soon, thanks

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Same problem, if more than one tab open game freezing when tab'ing

Windows 10, 64 bit
    Chrome version 59.0.3071.115 (Officiel version) (64-bit)

World
    Northisle
    I bet this is related to this kind of changes in Chrome:

"Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in version 57, Chrome will throttle individual background tabs by limiting the timer fire rate for background tabs using excessive power.
    Chrome has focused on improving the user experience by throttling tab performance for many years. Like many browsers, Chrome has limited timers in the background to only run once per second. Via the new throttling policy, Chrome 57 will delay timers to limit average CPU load to 1% of a core if an application uses too much CPU in background. Tabs playing audio or maintaining real-time connections like WebSockets or WebRTC won’t be affected. "

World
    Northisle
    Fed up to death with the constant game freezes if it continues I will be thinking seriously about leaving settlers it isalready making me very reluctant too play. I cannot be bothered to play a game where you constantly have to restart it. very unhappy indeed!

Drey_3
    One work around is to open a separate chrome for guides, forum etc. Chrome tabs puts the "unseen" tab as inactive. "Chrome will throttle individual background tabs"
    Settlers is trying to chat to your browser, and your browser has gone walkabout, as an Aussie would say.
    Last edited by Drey_3; 01.07.17 at 16:35.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drey_3 View Post
    One work around is to open a separate chrome for guides, forum etc. Chrome tabs puts the "unseen" tab as inactive. "Chrome will throttle individual background tabs"
    Settlers is trying to chat to your browser, and your browser has gone walkabout, as an Aussie would say.
    I agree - opening separate chrome window (not tab) seems to improve things alot

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've been having the same problem as most of the commenters above. I use Chrome, having switched from Firefox last year because Settlers was incompatible with Firefox, I had many more problems than others in my guild. I've tried the separate windows fix, without success. It will shortly be too tedious to play, as it's frustrating to reload every time you look at an adventure guide.

Closed Thread