Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ability to buy gems as a GIFT for players

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I still think BB are shooting themselves in the feet by not doing this ... crazy how a business can turn down real cash ... especially nowadays .... would have been so simple to put a warning prior to transaction stating that BB or UBI dont endorse trading of gems - and that any player caught doing it was in breach of the terms and conditions of the game ... And the silly players who try and buy gems thru trading have no comeback because its in breach of the rules ..... & if they complain then tough - afterall they should learn to read the rules and not try and exploit them .......

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollover View Post
    I still think BB are shooting themselves in the feet by not doing this ... crazy how a business can turn down real cash ... especially nowadays .... would have been so simple to put a warning prior to transaction stating that BB or UBI dont endorse trading of gems - and that any player caught doing it was in breach of the terms and conditions of the game ... And the silly players who try and buy gems thru trading have no comeback because its in breach of the rules ..... & if they complain then tough - afterall they should learn to read the rules and not try and exploit them .......
    What your study? you think BB not got educated and experienced decision makers?

Anyway, look at me as for example, I was here in old times and joined game for like 5 months or so, I quit after new trade system that makes scam worst issue, BB tried to control that, they made it worst, trades like 1 fish was enough reason to get you ban, so, some players was scam and get more good unfairly, another player was getting ban for nothing, I have no idea what happened later, simply I was so upset and quit, back after 3 years of that and I'm here for 1 year and a half, because I found game become a lot better, especially with less scam around.

Scam free loots that is now, better that scam a real cash that will make you feel unsafe, so you think players will pay more for gems to get them in risk of scam or prevent this risk at all, to make players in a safer environment with restriction and limitation?

Also, usually the real cash items that giftable for games that pay to win.

This game not play to win or pay to win, it is just having fun for free or pay to get things faster, so why you want to get real cash to gift, it will not make anything special to game, it just makes not big deal at all, what you gift can be some resources, or even jolly if you want something with real cash.

And most of other buildings that you can buy with gems, can be gifted using trade unless it is restricted like recycler.

So, no point of getting things like that giftable.

Also, make premium and gems giftable directly will make gifted "free" players get advanced on another "free" players with no reason, and no benefits really.

Look at another example, low level players joined our guild, he was asking a lot of freebies, he got tons of buffs and helps wth resources, he was even so gladful, he stayed for a good time, suddenly he left guild with no words when the freebies starting to be less, can you imagine how upset as player would be if your gems went to the wrong guy like this?

Last but not least, it is not about how BB "milk" players money, it is how to get the benefit as win-win with players, it is not like Chinese pay to win games, they want to keep their business running with good amount of benefits, but players be happy in a safe area.

Finally and again, BB tried, it already was implemented, and BB experienced bad behaviors, why you think BB must return it? if BB opens the chance for all players to get gems things for free during events, what you want more, you can gift your friends or guildies the event items like eggs, pumpkins, balls, or whatever during events, if you really have an issue with this.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 03.07.17 at 21:11.
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    simply gifting gems to players will not turn this game into a pay to win .... afterall what is there to win ????? this game and your island is safe from attackers, the only way to get new stuff is to level up ...... and to get to level 75 will take a long time - even if your very active .... so completely disagree on that point entirely .....

if you got scammed in the past then i am sorry for you .... sadly whatever game you play thats online there is always going to be a element of that. What matters is that you fell for it!!! . lootspots are traded for 1 fish - .

as you stated buildings can be gifted which is correct ... but my issue is that rather then limiting them to a few buildings/buffs/deposits it would be nice to be able to gift a player some gems to help towards a goal like a champion or mma etc ... what is wrong in wanting a fellow guild member to grow .... it helps them and also helps BB with much needed profits ... server costs and developement costs are very expensive ..... look what UBISOFT did with the duel of champions game - they canned after poor financial results .... the game was sound and solid - but due to economy reasons they couldn`t afford to keep it running .... do you want this great game heading this way .... dont think so ....... all BB need to do is be strict about trading of gems .... and if a player is daft enough to try and scam or trade, then let them get banned .... players like yourself shouldn`t have gone for the cheap option and its true what they say " too good to be true " .
    Last edited by Lollover; 04.07.17 at 00:25.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollover View Post
    simply gifting gems to players will not turn this game into a pay to win .... afterall what is there to win ????? this game and your island is safe from attackers, the only way to get new stuff is to level up ...... and to get to level 75 will take a long time - even if your very active .... so completely disagree on that point entirely .....

if you got scammed in the past then i am sorry for you .... sadly whatever game you play thats online there is always going to be a element of that. What matters is that you fell for it!!! . lootspots are traded for 1 fish - .

as you stated buildings can be gifted which is correct ... but my issue is that rather then limiting them to a few buildings/buffs/deposits it would be nice to be able to gift a player some gems to help towards a goal like a champion or mma etc ... what is wrong in wanting a fellow guild member to grow .... it helps them and also helps BB with much needed profits ... server costs and developement costs are very expensive ..... look what UBISOFT did with the duel of champions game - they canned after poor financial results .... the game was sound and solid - but due to economy reasons they couldn`t afford to keep it running .... do you want this great game heading this way .... dont think so ....... all BB need to do is be strict about trading of gems .... and if a player is daft enough to try and scam or trade, then let them get banned .... players like yourself shouldn`t have gone for the cheap option and its true what they say " too good to be true " .

You totally not understand anything from what the points that I want to say, If it does not pay to win, so what the point from giftable gems, it just increases the chances for real money scam for nothing, and no not got scammed but I saw many many cases, and a lot of rage chat and rage quit because of this, please just read what I'm trying to say, not me who decided to cancel trade with gems....

and again, BB is a big company, they not juniors opened a company! and again, BB experienced bad uses and behaviors and losing players and for sure a lot of players quit after gems scam, why you think BB canceled it? you think BB doesn't want money? let it be, what your problem with this, they like to lose their money, is it an issue for you?
    Hello People

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    I saw many many cases, and a lot of rage chat and rage quit because of this
    I dont understand where you get this. Was very active for a very long time and saw almost none of what you describe. A few cases a month and most turned out to be misunderstandings. Compared to other online games scamming is non-existent in TSO. One of the reasons I keep coming back.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    We never really saw or heard anyone actually getting scammed back then when gems were giftable in game. In regards of scamming it was really not much different than selling an expensive loot spot or a jolly geo (which is still possible today BTW) for a fish since the gem amount per gift was so low and could be easily split in to multiple trades for a safe trade. There was a talk about in the guild chats, global trade channels and various regional forums back then. I'm not saying it did not happen but at least it was not not as rampart as was given as "excuse".

The general consensus at least on our server was more of that the option was pulled of due negatively impacting BB business model and gem sales. Maybe also had a bad impact to the game economy too. Note that the premium tokens were tradable the exact same time in the trade office where there was a zero chance of a scam. Nothing would have prevented them adding gems to trade office except the reasons mentioned he. Those premium tokens were pulled off the same time and probably for the same reason. Majority of the people saw that gems and premiums were tradable so knowing about the possibility there was really no incentive to buy em with real money except by the small minority who that took the advantage to boost their in game progress with gem purchases turned in to tokens and gem gifts.

More on topic, ages ago there were also these settlers starter packs as voucher codes which were heavily traded in game and then pulled of from the sale most likely the similar reasons or maybe the packages were too good. Some of the retailers used the exact words that the packages were pulled off from the sale by the distributor

Reply to Thread