Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ability to buy gems as a GIFT for players

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Red face Ability to buy gems as a GIFT for players

Hi, BB . I am the leader of the BRAVOS GUILD , and we have a free prize draw for all its active members which is done every 2 months.
    My question/Suggestion is i would like to offer some GEMS as a PRIZE. So I think it would be a great idea if any player could purchase gems as a gift voucher/ or directly as a gift ( using the VOUCHER method for the player recieving the gift ) for example having the ability to purchase 500,1000 & 1500 gems and then giving that voucher code to another player.

THIS IS NOT A PAY TO WIN !! ( the only pay to win is for BB yourself - people investing real cash into your game )

THANKS
    LOLLOVER
    Last edited by Lollover; 01.07.17 at 21:53.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    It is not going to happen, why? because of the black market and bad use for this, as for example, people will ask about gems to sell their buildings, BB already canceled this in a direct way (yes trade was with gems one day, why you think BB canceled it, also, starter packs trades in very old days).

So, -1 from my side, also, even if most players did support, this is not going to happen.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    BB have tried both Gems and Prems in the past, the resulting level of trade scams forced BB to withdraw trading in these items.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    u could ask that person to make a list of items they would like from shop and gift those.
    I know this isnt as good as what ur hoping for but after seeing currency being sold in other games I have to agree with previous comments

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Look el numpty `o`s this isnt about the ability to trade gems, but its about purchasing gems via a voucher code - so that we have the ability to gift any other player gems. I cannot see any problem with that !!! . If i wanna use my hard earned cash and help a fellow player by gifting them gems , then this should not be a problem - BB gets essential money for the game and the player recieves kind donation ..... what is wrong with that ... it cannot be exploited nor can it be used to influence others ...... its no different to you or I buying gems for our own use ...... ?????

No difference to buying the pay as you go cards that was once available at supermarkets/game shops - sort of like all the other gamecards you can buy ....
    Last edited by Lollover; 02.07.17 at 19:44.

World
    Newfoundland
    Your suggestion can indeed be taken advantage of. People will try to offer in game resources in exchange for a gem voucher code and as before there will be scams. If you have the ability to gift gems to someone, there will always be people willing to scam others to get them.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I do see your point .... its sad that we let a few silly players spoil something that could have helped lots of players ..... BB are missing out on vital revenue .... maybe if BB made it clear in there TOS or rules that gem trading is forbidden and there is no protection from them if players tempting to abuse it get scammed.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollover View Post
    I do see your point .... its sad that we let a few silly players spoil something that could have helped lots of players ..... BB are missing out on vital revenue .... maybe if BB made it clear in there TOS or rules that gem trading is forbidden and there is no protection from them if players tempting to abuse it get scammed.
    You obviously missed the comment that this was tried before and was a disaster, just run your guild competition with a choice of what is already giftable I'm sure most of your members will be more than happy with whatever they get.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollover View Post
    It is sad indeed. Unfortunately, the ability to trade gems just invites too much of this type of behaviour. Even if it is stated in the ToS that this is forbidden, the act of scams causes enough grief and frustration even before action can be taken by the person affected, and ourselves when reported.

However, as always: never say never!

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    You guys seem to mix up ingame trading and direct buying of gems from the shop on the homepage.
    First was removed from game and will not come back. Second would increase BB revenue and be a benefit to all.

Lollover, if you are determined to go through with it there might be options available already. Around here you can make a virtual debit card with a fixed limit on your banks internet page and then that can be used to buy gems. Obviously you should never give out any of your real credit card info to anyone.
    Probably more convenient way is to transfer some funds on an online wallet to the prize draw winner and s/he can then buy the gems.

Reply to Thread