Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Guild Market Vote - Dev Notes

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Please let me know the benefit of being in a Guild and then being pressured to complete the GQ. It seems for thenext 6 months being guildless. well done BB for promoting 'being in a Guild'

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by kelad1 View Post
    Please let me know the benefit of being in a Guild and then being pressured to complete the GQ. It seems for thenext 6 months being guildless. well done BB for promoting 'being in a Guild'
    Benefits include:
    1) Guild Coins. Even if you don't like the items available to buy with them, wait for the next vote or trade them. And during some events you get event collectibles instead.
    2) It's nice to have people you can trust to do certain trades with (like a large amount if items for star coin storage)
    3) Loot spots are at a large discount for fellow members
    4) Round trades for quests are easy and usually very fast
    5) For some people, it's nice to be in a 'club' and you get to know people over time. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone (some are hermits by nature).

If your guild pressures you for quests, doesn't help out with items and loot spots at large discounts (or free), doesn't leave you alone or is chatting so much business can't get done then imho you are in the wrong guild. Send me an in-game mail
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    bring it on as fast as possible--- and please change the rewards more frequently

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    BB could drain more GC's out of the econ if it made the prices of repeatable buys (adventures, resources, buffs) way cheaper. Currently most people buy whatever the 1st group offered (building/expert) and none of the others. Lowering the prices of the 2nd group of things would most likely see increased usage of guildcoins in volume.

On the change: good, should allow for more frequent market changes

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If your going to implement such an interface, do away with the vote entirely and let players choose what they want from the choices available, update the choices every couple of months and everyone wins.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    BB could drain more GC's out of the econ if it made the prices of repeatable buys (adventures, resources, buffs) way cheaper. Currently most people buy whatever the 1st group offered (building/expert) and none of the others. Lowering the prices of the 2nd group of things would most likely see increased usage of guildcoins in volume.
    I agree completely.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    "We plan on implementing the new Guild Market Vote tool on the test server at some point during the next two months; if everything goes according to plan, we might see it live as soon as November! Until then, there will be no update of the Guild Market. "

So few items and none really worth the price. More frequent changes would be appreciated.... Once a year for so few items is not OK. There must be hundred of voting tools you can use! Or just change!? You should know what ppl want?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

The prices of some of the items we have been offered for the second vote over the years have been completely unrealistic:
    • 765ggc for a Victor the Vicious when I have seen people offering them for a fish in trade channel.
    • 1125ggc for a Roaring Bull when you can buy them for 295 fragments in the Adventure Merchant.
    • 1125ggc for a Dark Brotherhood when you can buy them for a small fraction of that in trade.
    • 1500ggc for a Black Knights when you can buy them for 295 fragments in the Adventure Merchant.
    • 975ggc for a Whirlwind when you can't give them away!

..and that's just a few examples from the last three votes. I am sure I could go on, but I don't have all day!

Seriously BB, you need to have a long, hard look at some of the prices you are charging in the Merchant... and that goes for many of the items you have on offer for gems. Since the introduction of Artefact Search and Lucky Explorers your gem prices for buffs are just way too high... and your prices for resources are just unbelievable.

When the products you are selling are made up purely of pixels on a screen, you will do much better business shifting more product for a realistic price, I guarantee it!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    when i 1st saw this i was very underwhelmed, but after bb's explanation i was fully onboard.

But no change till the end of the year (if we're lucky)? the new mods spend plenty of time in chat, which is gr8, but surely they should have their finger on the pulse and know that players have been hoping for a change in guild shop items for quite a while now.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 18.07.17 at 15:33.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

The prices of some of the items we have been offered for the second vote over the years have been completely unrealistic:
    • 765ggc for a Victor the Vicious when I have seen people offering them for a fish in trade channel.
    • 1125ggc for a Roaring Bull when you can buy them for 295 fragments in the Adventure Merchant.
    • 1125ggc for a Dark Brotherhood when you can buy them for a small fraction of that in trade.
    • 1500ggc for a Black Knights when you can buy them for 295 fragments in the Adventure Merchant.
    • 975ggc for a Whirlwind when you can't give them away!

..and that's just a few examples from the last three votes. I am sure I could go on, but I don't have all day!

Seriously BB, you need to have a long, hard look at some of the prices you are charging in the Merchant... and that goes for many of the items you have on offer for gems. Since the introduction of Artefact Search and Lucky Explorers your gem prices for buffs are just way too high... and your prices for resources are just unbelievable.

When the products you are selling are made up purely of pixels on a screen, you will do much better business shifting more product for a realistic price, I guarantee it!
    +1 on this.

Time and time again it just seems BB really doesn't play the live game. You have lost touch with the real players in certain aspects. Why bother having an open channel with BB_Alex on test server when a lot of the info you need has previously been posted here over the years.

This medium is called a live forum, us players have always used it as one; BB devs should be pointed in this direction once a month and make notes rather than waiting for improvised reports from 3rd parties.

Having said all this, please be reassured that all the new content/fixes etc are gratefully received, but it is so frustrating when you ask us for opinions and basically come across as widely ignoring important issues for years on end

Reply to Thread