Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Logged in for the first time this morning with my first mug full of coffee at my elbow. Two thirds of the way through it and I get my first flash crash of the day, which means I was logged in for around 15 minutes before getting booted... a new low.

I can't help but echo this:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem_Warrior_1 View Post
    isnt it time you... concentrated on keeping game stable rather than playing with silly things

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since the server problems last week and the dual maintenance several of us in our guild are experiencing freezes. Anywhere from 2 - 10 seconds it just freezes, zoom in/out has no effect but is implemented once it unfreezes.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I can barely play the game atm. there is no chat, and every time i minimise the screen i have to refresh the browser. i'm using firefox, any suggestions?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by S1mpleSiH View Post
    I can barely play the game atm. there is no chat, and every time i minimise the screen i have to refresh the browser. i'm using firefox, any suggestions?
    try here:
    forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/35182-Issues-with-latest-Firefox-55.0.3-2017-08-25-with-fix

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    What worked for me was going to device manager and update driver for graphics card....not had chat reset or freeze for around 4 days now...and it was happening up to 15 times a day

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    It is getting freezes a lot and every a few minutes, not sure is it because of the event or because of chrome latest version?
    Hello People

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    It's the event.. I have had seven flash crashes since I logged on today after the event started when nothing has been changed on my system. On average, that's one every 2 hours, which is about twice as often as I have gotten in the period since the Crisis Quest.

EDIT: mere minutes after posting this I get flash crash number eight.
    Last edited by Madorosu; 17.10.17 at 23:03.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    It is getting freezes a lot and every a few minutes, not sure is it because of the event or because of chrome latest version?
    I had the same issues exactly - intolerable amount of total game freezes for long seconds at a time. Irritating to the point of wanting to launch the laptop.

However after the notification in G1 of yesterday afternoon's Hotfix (*scoffs*), most players left the server and the game improved dramatically.

So one can only assume it's the burden of the amount of returning players who are only interested in the event that is contributing to the strain on the servers.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Glad you can get on, hotfix blah blah blah blah, what a way to run a game.

World
    Sandycove
    So I looked back at the News Archive on the front page for 2017...

Hotfixes so far in 2017

1.2.2017 #1
    1.2.2017 #2

That's without Network and Database Maintenances, Server Restarts and the occasional Chat Server reset...

Pretty sure the hotfixes could have been avoided with more thorough testing and attention paid to feedback relating to events this year and in previous years (ie same issues every year)

Having said this, and frustrating as it is, I do welcome the events to keep the game bobbing along, so thank you at least for this BB
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 18.10.17 at 07:54. Reason: added thnx

Reply to Thread