Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandbalar View Post
    hi Guys .....the game is freezing again.......impossible to play ...i use chrome....please fix it
    Please follow this guide to disable the throttling Chrome does to background tabs.

World
    Northisle
    Yep, sorry to say chrome freezing is back. Did the additional 'fix' within chrome settings and yesterday was working fine, but I hadn't restarted chrome. In today at lunchtime, and two rapid freezes since when migrating to and from other tabs. Am taking the chrome settings fix back out as it seemed to work better yesterday without it.

World
    Sandycove
    Now that the chat window problems seem to be fixed, it's just an issue of other tabs? When I disabled the background throttling I lost the chat window (but that was before the fix) - but I don't have a problem with using multiple tabs regardless of the setting (which is 'Default'). But I always make sure to only open tabs in the same window as Settlers that don't use Flash in particular... I open another Chrome instance which I actually find more convenient because I can alt+tab between the windows faster than I can change tabs. So issues with multiple tabs can be minimized if you wish just by opening another Chrome window and not another tab in the same window.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe this flag in chrome should be changed too :
    Pause background tabs Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS
    Pause timers in background tabs after 5 minutes on desktop.
    #pause-background-tabs

TracyLe
    Hi,

it might be me but my game still freeze when I have more than one tab open...Sorry

Tracy

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Have tried your fix in Chrome, but the game still freezes immediately

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm not sure what to say but on latest chrome version and Firefox version game freezes a lot, and only solution is refresh sometimes need to kill process, it is so random, when visit freind, when apply buff, when send attack in adv, when re-garrison, or even for nothing.

I noticed that even if game frozen i still can use chat sometimes!
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Often when I visit a friend the map is getting frozen and i have to return home and then visit a second time and then it works

minoreva
    Chrome and firefox got worse in my case.

Still win 7

Chrome: Version 60.0.3112.90 (Officiel version) (64-bit)

Chrome instant freezes when on visits at friends (have to go back to own Island and then visit again) Instant freezes when open other tabs (yes I have done the disabled Throttle feature in chrome flags). Zoom in and out doesn´t work as forcing game active again after the freezing.

Firefox Version:54.0.1 (32-bit)

Even worse (a nightmare to play in even if you CAN open extra tabs) game flashes in white a few seconds after each choice you do in game. After doing 2-3 ali´s adventures in row, Game stops responding (no warning at all) Only solution is, close game down and clean/clear Flash/cache and then a total reload-really annoying to do all the time

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    DONT WORK try again BB haha
    still being able to chat wilst screen frozen surgests packets arnt getting throw fast enough
    players can
    1: zoom in and out,
    2: use F11 funtion
    3: refresh as a temp fix

tested on win7, 8.1 and 10 home versions 64 bit
    chrome
    flash 26.o.o.137
    i used a handy thing i have that runs vertual windows in windows, thus downgrading my vertual system to 32 bit and seams smoother
    aslo tested an app that configers flash and chrome to the best know non conflicting versions again smoother
    also worth a mention I used chedot browser, all be it chrome based alows more user controll, this is best way ive found to run game without the issues
    Last edited by Salem_Warrior_1; 07.08.17 at 16:34.

Reply to Thread