Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Once again I can't get in. Been trying for 2 hours now, cleared cache etcetera but nothing works. This is getting very tiresome...

World
    Newfoundland
    me to i cant get in

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Once again: been trying to load the game for an hour now. Is this going to be a daily occurrence?

Follow-up: It's been 2 hours now, the game still won't load...

Just got in, finally. Is 2 hours the new standard now? If this keeps happening I'll consider quitting altogether!
    Last edited by Afke; 06.03.19 at 20:01.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah *sigh* it's me again, trying to get in for an hour now...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi, ever since the Valentine event ended things has gone to hell with the lag, every few minutes I am stuck frozen on a build/buy/collect/explorer send/geologist prospect/quest completion dialougue or worse - getting stuck during a general attack queue - which means trying to send a block attack is a joke troops and my time online get pissed despite myself trying again and again to remain connected.

I am located in southeast asia, playing on a 5mbps dsl connection using Chrome with Flash updated to the latest version.

It's gotten worse the past couple of days, now the server will randomly lose connection and you have to reload - and what is with the insane reload time - and the insane size of the base Flash package? - takes like 15 minutes with my 5mbps dsl connection - why cant the base flash package be cached even instead of needing to be re-downloaded again and again - and with the random disconnecting going on at the moment you can imagine how mad this makes player.

Yes I did get the download version of the game and on launch it shoots an error saying Flash and Chrome isn't detected.... despite both being the latest version

I have been playing for years and spent hundreds of dollars at the store, I just cant say how dissapointed I am with the state of the game at the moment.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalicia View Post
    why cant the base flash package be cached even instead of needing to be re-downloaded again and again
    This is a great question !

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    try using the chrome developer console

1) load settlers online fully
    2) press "ctrl+shift+i" to open the console
    3) open the network tab at the top and pick "all" on the filter just below "network"
    4) close the console with "ctrl+shift+i"
    5) refresh the page to force settlers online to reload
    6) just as it starts loading press "ctrl+shift+i" again to open the console
    7) watch the timing for each item loading, if anything takes a long time then report it here.

jrma1033
    After today's hotfix, lag seems to have been fixed and returned to normal (before valentine's event), at least for me. I've been playing for an hour consecutive, no freezing, no lags.

loading time: 2 min

World
    Sandycove
    https://imgur.com/a/BuoTUoC

Stuck here for more than an hour now. Was fine yesterday.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lots of lag during Easter Event on login into game server. Game stops dead at 40% loading bar with very low cpu use for flash process. Task manager needs to end the flash plugin process and the flash needs to get restarted. Then, there is a chance the game finally loads up.

Reply to Thread