Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Please use this thread to report any lag, freezes or performance issues you may experience with the latest game version. Try and include as much information as possible, as this will greatly aid us in identifying and resolving any possible issues.

Examples of useful information:
    • Screenshots.
    • Version numbers for Flash, Browser etc.
    • System OS.
    • What were you doing at the time?
    • Can you reproduce it reliably?

Please note that Chrome and Opera released an update not long ago which throttles any tab that isn't the active window, reducing the CPU usage that tab can take advantage of to well below 1%. If you experience issues relating to the game freezing when minimised or not being the active tab, I implore you to please disable this new feature by following THIS guide. If you still continue to have issues after having disabled the throttling, then we'd like to hear from you especially.

This freezing is caused by Chrome itself and is affecting other Flash based application. Here are some other workarounds you can use if you run into this issue:
    • Use the zoom function of the browser (via menu, or CTRL+Wheel).
    • Resize the window (These two workarounds will revalidate the whole page, which will also "unfreeze" the game).
    • Try another browser if nothing else works.

Last edited by BB_Saqui; 18.07.17 at 15:07.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Game it self works fine for me, no freezing as previous but i dont have chat screen at all since update

minoreva
    I have to add my feedback on this and its positive this time. Update didn´t solve my freezing in Chrome,but the guide to change in chrome from Us server did

6 tabs open and no freezing. Tested with game active-2 online news sites-youtube-forum page-wiki and game still runs as it should,I´m so happy

finally I can play normal again,Thanks to the MODS and Tech who worked to solve this

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Game fix did not prevent freezing in Google Chrome, but disabling #expensive-background-timer-throttling helped. This is second 'feature' that Google introduced in Chrome that is causing problems to this game, first being #automatic-tab-discarding

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac_Digital View Post
    Game it self works fine for me, no freezing as previous but i dont have chat screen at all since update
    a guildy of mine had this same issue. he found that clearing cache fixed it

World
    Northisle
    Ty for this, had 1 freeze since this morning, but think it was maybe an old type flash freeze. On the whole it has been fine and I had instantaneous freezes if I moved
    tabs before. I've disabled the 'featurette' so will see how it goes.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    hi Guys .....the game is freezing again.......impossible to play ...i use chrome....please fix it

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    same here - the game still freezes. zooming helps most of the times but that doesn't mean that the problem is fixed!

World
    Sandycove
    You did notice (for those who say there is still a problem) that they asked for details such as the Chrome version, OS version, screen shots, whether or not it can be reproduced, etc. Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't give them a lot to go on.

I had one occurrence after the update but nothing since. I'm using Win 10 home, Chrome 59.0.3071.115 (official build 64 bit).

I checked the background throttling setting and it was "default". I changed it to "Disabled" (see already posted notes http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ash-crash-quot).

After I reloaded there was no chat. I changed that setting back to "Default" and the chat appeared again. Hope this helps.

Update: I had Chrome freeze on me (after picking up a book from the Bookbinder). Based on the post below I pressed F11 and clicked the Bookbinder again and the game responded. Then I went to the Mayor's house to check my stash of materials and it froze again. I pressed F11 again and clicked on the Mayor's house and all was well.

So the 'full screen' key does seem to make things spring to life. I've also noticed that anytime it freezes on me what has proceeded that (or what was trying to proceed) was some kind of notification that appears in a message window (in this case like 'A book has been added....')
    Last edited by Xibor; 19.07.17 at 04:43.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    About the freezes on Chrome - my guildmate, mironjulka, suggested to click the in-game fullscreen button and that should "unfreeze" the game. I am not sure if that works but changing the the background throttling settings didn't help me so the fullscreen button seems to be some sort of workaround.

Reply to Thread