Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Still no fix, are u guys aware of this? Its really annoying playing like this....

World
    Newfoundland
    since the last game update i get freezes that last up to 30 sec when trying to apply buffs. seems to only affect firefox. any fix?
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hi

I am using Safari Version 11.1.2 and i literally cannot play Settlers on it anymore, when i attempt to scroll around the map after about 10 seconds the screen lags and thinks i have clicked on a building nearby to where i am attempting to drag the screen, I then click away into an empty space on the screen to attempt to maybe scroll somewhere else and nothing happens, the screen is frozen. I have moved to Chrome and this works fine.

World
    Sandycove
    For the Chrome users out there... I've found a little trick which is helpful. Sometimes the game seems to be stuck (typically when I open another window that has flash running but I didn't know that) and to fix it I just drag the window down to detach it from the Chrome session and then push it back up. Seems to slap the game back awake. This saves me having to refresh which I don't like doing when I'm on my mobile data.

Hope that helps a little.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    OK i solved problem by installing fresh win10 (was using win7 before) and now runs smooth, even better than in chrome...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    For the Chrome users out there... I've found a little trick which is helpful. Sometimes the game seems to be stuck (typically when I open another window that has flash running but I didn't know that) and to fix it I just drag the window down to detach it from the Chrome session and then push it back up. Seems to slap the game back awake. This saves me having to refresh which I don't like doing when I'm on my mobile data.
    Zoom in & out (with CTRL & scroll wheel) works :-)

World
    Sandycove

Performance and synchronization issues

It seems to me that since approximately the surprise "database maintenance" performance issues and other 'flaky' game problems have shown up. Unfortunately not all are able to be clearly documented so descriptions might have to do. But I have noticed an increasing rate of things like:

Sending explorers, except you notice you get no confirmation message/sound and they are still in the star menu.

Moving an item from the star menu to the storehouse. You don't get a confirmation, the item in the star menu is often grey, and nothing happens.

Going into the provision house/barracks and about just as soon as your able to queue something the target window "resets" and you haven't queued anything at all.

Clicking on a collectible to see sparkles that don't stop and the collectible is never collected.

Ongoing freezes which clear themselves, others that don't.

Collectibles quests: I track carefully when they are due. Sometimes...
    The quest shows up auto-pinned because it was pinned last time - or -
    The quest shows up, but I have to go into the quest list and pin it - or -
    The quest shows up, but there is no quest in the quest list - or -
    The quest doesn't show up, but if I refresh it's there

In all the above cases a refresh seems to make things ok. Also continually clearing the browser cache (at least a couple times a day) also seems to help.

This seems to have started about when the database refresh happens AND it's very important to point out about the time that Chrome released the latest and greatest (which I use) and changed Flash default play settings. I use Chrome pretty much exclusively. I play other Flash games and I am not seeing the same scope of issues beyond the nature of Flash which I've been used to for years. Settlers has much more pronounced issues in these areas.

Anyone else seeing similar things?

Merged
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 25.10.18 at 01:32.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Anyone else seeing similar things?
    Yes
    I would almost say what doesn't cause a freeze
    Generals landing on home island, first a message there's not enough landing space, the game freezes and then you hear them all land. Apply buffs at fast speed, finishing quests.
    On adventure sometimes the generals stop walking, going back to home island and back seems to work, but we all know that's tricky when multiple generals attack.
    I've also seen a weird pop up saying * there's a general without garrison *

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yep having constant issues lately and seems to be getting worse..the games performance is now simalare to zynga/facebook games constant lag causing the game screen to freeze or clicking stuff and sitting waiting for it to open is getting beyond a joke the game used to flow ..

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Hello, i have been suffered this issue, last night i could not even log-in, today everytime change switching screen from land to adv map it's freeze forever.

Reply to Thread