Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    As the newer browsers get better the performance of flash gets worse and worse - its a dead technology

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    getting this pop up alot when the game freezes too

https://prnt.sc/la8qe3

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    getting this pop up alot when the game freezes too

https://prnt.sc/la8qe3
    I have noticed a trend with that pop up - the times it pops up for me have always been when I have moved a general from star menu (insufficient landing zones on adventure island) and then it appears when I do the first relocate on that general

World
    Sandycove
    I had a new one last night....

My before-bed collectibles dropped at 22:08 exactly on time. I got the New Quest flag and everything. I even saw a few pop up on the screen.
    I was tired so I decided to use the Spring Park. Once I activated the buff I got the hour glass spin,spin,spin,spin........
    Then I noticed on the side of the screen one of the collectibles had a blue flag bouncing on it so I figured the spring park worked and just closed the window.

THEN I got a "New Quest"
    Collectibles!
    And all the collectibles bouncing blue flags were gone.
    And the spring park was in cool-down. Seems it refreshed the collectibles destroying my markers by doing so.

I decided to refresh. That is taking longer and longer it seems (and now I'm up to about 10 refreshes per day give or take)...
    After the refresh I had the bouncing flags. But 1/2 the time was gone. So it ran out before I could find them all.
    And of course I still don't have the spring park for another day.

It's very difficult to enjoy the game when things behave that way. I know Flash has it's attitudes at time and I'm used to that but these new behaviors are recent and escalating.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Continuing along (and I wonder if all these types of issues are related to posts about pumpkin fields loosing refills) - I keep seeing more things happening, but at least maybe a pattern? Events - defined as an explorer coming back, or even worse a "you have a new quest" notification. These seem to have the effect of wiping out anything that is in the ever worsening buffer of what is going on in your kingdom.

Example that just occurred but that I see more and more often: Queued 850 recruits. Hour glass spin, spin, spin. Close barracks. Opening barracks. Recruits showed queued. Started queuing some bowmen. Hour glass spin, spin, pause, pause.... explorer returned. Barracks re displayed and now empty - nothing on order.

Just left everything. Waited. Waited about 10 mins. Nothing. Queued another 25 recruits just to see what happened. Hour glass spin, spin, spin. Close barracks. Another explorer returned. Opened barracks. Now 875 recruits queued.

So it's like the request goes to the server.
    It hangs somewhere in the ozone.
    An event occurs (which I assume has higher priority).
    Your buffered request is then lost (sometimes) or if it managed to make it before the event, is now active. But your end might not receive the information for a while - perhaps not until a refresh or the mysterious 15 minute automatic zone refresh they have talked about.

Things are behaving more and more asynchronously when they behaved much more linear before. I suspect server load and the proper scaling up not being done before what should have been known as an increased load.

I still wonder what the "database maintenance" was a few weeks ago...

World
    Sandycove
    Another example - posted "as it happened"...

Collectible time - showed up on time.
    Got the New Quest notification.
    Quest was in my quest list.
    Pinned it.

0 / 31
    Saw a barrel - clicked - sparkle, sparkle, sparkle...
    1 /31
    Click on herbs - sparkle...
    pause
    game hung
    0/0
    barrel back
    Herbs still there
    sound and 2/2
    both barrel and herbs gone

All is as it should be, but you could just feel the pain of it desperately trying to process my actions and send the updates for the display.

World
    Sandycove
    I really don't know where this issue should go so I'll put it here. This one I haven't seen. The game was acting up (like it often does now) with not sending explorers for minutes after the request, spinning hourglass, etc. I tried to put some items up for trade. The first listing was ok. The 2nd one I got the hourglass. I waited and waited. I finally closed the window, waited a bit and opened it again. No hour glass, no 2nd listing. So I tried to list the item again. While the hourglass was spinning I saw something alarming in the listings appearing and quickly refreshed the game. This is now what I have in my trade office sell tab. Notice that the next offer would be 6 gold. Notice also there is no way to cancel the existing lines. I'm scared to try and list anything else and I really don't know how much gold might have gone out the window.

While I was typing this and had the trade office/sell tab up, the hour glass started spinning on it's own again. I logged out. Cleared the browser cache and went back in (I hate what all these refreshes I must do now does to my mobile data). It still looks the same as the below image.

I wonder if it will always be this way now?!?!?!?!

http://prntscr.com/ligqee

Edited: I noticed lots of sales at prices I didn't think were right so I went into the sell tab again to delete them. The 1st deleted ok. The 2nd stayed there but made the empty listings vanish. I was able to delete the 2nd listing with another click.
    Last edited by Xibor; 14.11.18 at 22:30. Reason: Stable again?

World
    Sandycove
    Seems I've made a lot of noise on this thread already....

Struggling to find much positive about the game lately I have to point out that it seems since the last patch I'm having fewer problems the kind of which I've listed above. I do clear both cache's more often (but not every game session) and some other "tidy" type things on my system but player Diwata does not do these things as often and has also seen some improvement. There wasn't any specific mention about it so I decided to point it out.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Click - nothing, click again, nothing...then the game responds....

Happening alot this morning, logged out. Cant log back in.

World
    Sandycove
    For me it comes and goes. Re-sending explorers, picking up collectibles twice, re-queuing items in the provision house, etc. And on adventures things just sometime stop working. At other times it all works pretty smoothly.

I have noticed that when the game is really acting up a quest will often appear soon. It's like quests have so much priority now (I think they changed that a while back) that it cancels anything you have done until the quest can get itself established.

Reply to Thread