Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

World
    Northisle
    I have problem with start game! Won't to open The Settlers Online client!
    Last edited by Dar_iron; 30.03.21 at 07:02.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dar_iron View Post
    I have problem with start game! Won't to open The Settlers Online client!
    try hitting PLAY GAME over and over again till it starts

World
    Northisle
    Ty, I finally start of the game!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Terrible today!

Once the game finally allowed me to play, all my gold and coal mines, along with several buildings, were AWOL.

Reloaded and all was well, for a while, now it's thrown me out again, what's happening, folks?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    There is a definite issue with the game having a huge memory leak. If I open Task Manager while the game is loaded, you can see the settlers client.exe running and every few seconds grabbing more memory. This continues for hours and during this time the game freezes or 'lags" get worse, more frequent and longer lasting (more than 10 seconds) until you reach your maximum installed memory. At this point the game is unplayable and the only recourse is to go into task manager and "end task" to the client.exe. I have a screenshot with the game using in excess of 12 GB of memory. I have attached an image with it over 11GB.
    Another issue is the game seems to continuously use CPU. during any time, game CPU usage is between 12 - 18%. Even when minimized it still hogs the same amount. I would think that when minimized, the game should "sleep" and the CPU usage go down to a bare crawl. This is not the case.
    After trying both methods of uploading the screenshot, it appears I failed. Not sure why it doesn't show up in the post... the URL is
    http://thesettlersonlinewiki.com/upl...emoryleak1.png
    or
    https://prnt.sc/116pnsh

Last edited by Dungerdin; 07.04.21 at 19:30.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    ...so it's been a week since I both opened a support ticket and posted this in the forum. ZERO reply or any form of receipt of this issue. The game continues to hog memory the longer it is running until it uses up all available memory and basically stalls your computer. If you can get the task manager to open and End Task the client.exe program you can at least clear the memory and restart the game. Otherwise you have to reboot your computer. Does anyone care about this issue or is it simply going to be ignored until they come out with a unity version of the game? Some form of answer would be expected at this point.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    its almost the same to all of us

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungerdin View Post
    ...so it's been a week since I both opened a support ticket and posted this in the forum. ZERO reply or any form of receipt of this issue. The game continues to hog memory the longer it is running until it uses up all available memory and basically stalls your computer. If you can get the task manager to open and End Task the client.exe program you can at least clear the memory and restart the game. Otherwise you have to reboot your computer. Does anyone care about this issue or is it simply going to be ignored until they come out with a unity version of the game? Some form of answer would be expected at this point.
    do you know that this is a temporary client? no other fixings are planned afaik

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    "client.swf" file is not downloadable (trined from Chrome , FireFox)

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am noticing the game loads very slowly, it appears to load in "layers".

Reply to Thread