Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: [Diagnostics] Performance, Lag, Freezes?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I have game issues. Had to send out explorers and geo's 3x this morning to get them to go. Had trouble sleeping buildings. Loading gens. Changing maps. Seems to be worse when I have completed a quest. Have stopped doing the shard quests as it effects game so much. Gift tree doesnt work mostly...and no it's not my cache as I clear it regulary as support ticket advised. Went through the long list of things to do to get better game performance. All was already done btw. Hardly ever get the 100 gems each week even thou I've never missed a single day. I tend to leave game running as logging in can take ages. Unlike any other game that starts within a minute. Oh and did a ww with a no loss attack to complete a pf quest..but sadly it didnt complete it. sigh Did I mention that I've stopped using the excelsior as it jams up after 2-3 rolls and doesnt show me what I'm getting. At least it's not taking my gems now without telling me coz I'm not using it. Would like some of these issues fixed before new things get added. Seeing too many players leaving coz the game not running well.

World
    Sandycove
    cant log into game ... get into the box with tick box and advice messages , then it goes to connection to server is lost ......please wait while we try to resolve issue. then i get please click to refresh client .. then amessage .. the settlersonline.com sent an invalid response and cant reload game

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    The word performance does not apply to settler...
    With a 16CPU, 32Go and SSD PC, this game take more time to launch than a real time free 3D game like fornite...

The official system requirements is a joke !

My actual settlers online flash processus take more than 1GB RAM...

Where there is a will, there is always a way
    Last edited by Soupssss; 08.02.19 at 09:44.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    1 prob might be having a fake version of flash. there is a lot of fake flash downloads out there that look like real flash but they r full of malware.
    So uninstal flash using Ccleaner or simular and go to the real adobe site and get the real version.
    Flash should tell u when there is an update. But several websites will say flash is out of date and u need to update it. those r the fake flash players.

Its part of the reason why flash is being withdrawn too many fake versions around.
    But adobe have a habbit of putting in malware on the real version as well to gather ur data to sell it. Its why its free lol.
    Chrome does the same. it has malware and spyware built into it by google.

My internet security wont even let me download chrome cause of all the malware and spyware built into it.

The main reason for freezing and lag is due to flash player not the game.
    Some browsers work fine others dont.

I used to use cometbird. never had any probs with it in the game no lag no freezing. But then they stopped upgrading it and now is not compatable with the latest versions of flash. then i switched to palemoon which worked great but now that wont load the game at all. So now using firefox.
    Prob now is firefox has switched to using webassembly which is the replacement for flash, HTML5 and JAVA so its not really compatable with flash anymore.
    Chrome and edge have also switched to webassebly hence their probs running flash.

The main prob with flash is its not capable of multi tasking. so if u have more than 1 tab open that uses flash ur going to get lag and freezing.
    Flash uses a lot of CPU and RAM. so the more tabs u have open running flash the more ur PC has to cope with and usualy ends up with flash crashing.
    Sometimes it might even lockup ur entire PC causing a blue screen crash or just freezing the PC so u cant even move the mouse to reboot. only option then is pull the plug from the socket to shut the PC down.
    Thats another reason why flash is getting taken offline. Its not adobe decision to remove flash they were told to get rid of it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    Can you explain us how you know this ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    After the latest valentines update.
    I am trying to rebuild buildings (wells, mines, wheatfields)
    After 4th or 5th building, I notice a major slow down.
    It takes around 12s for the free areas to be highlighted, so I can place a building.
    After I place it, everything runs ok again.

Same on 2 machines:
    opera 57.0.3098.106 on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (x86_64; Unity) (16Gb, Intel Xeon E5 8 core), flash 32.0.0.101

windows 10 (32 GB ram, i7 3.60GHz)
    internet explorer 11.471.17134.0, flash 32.0.0.114
    and
    firefox quantum 60.5.1esr on windows 10 (32 GB ram, i7 3.60GHz), flash 32.0.0

And I did clean the browser cache and flash cache.
    I used (http://pch.custhelp.com/app/answers/...h-player-cache) for flash

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    As another post asked, I'd like to know the source of your information. Can you explain to me why I play other online games that have lots of moving Flash parts and effects and I run it on the same equipment and the performance is fantastic?

Amendment: After closing all browsers, changing locations thereby going from one network link to another the performance is now back to at least as poor as it was before.
    Last edited by Xibor; 13.02.19 at 20:47. Reason: Additional information
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello folks,

We're very interested to hear about anyone who's still experiencing latency issues after the hotfix that was deployed earlier today. Please provide as much information as possible e.g. screenshots, reproduction steps and even video if you can!

Thank you!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    i still have some latency when i try to transfer generals on ali maps; this never happened before this week.
    it still freeze when an event happens (when many explorers came back).
    and i feel is getting worse because right after the server started and there were few players, was less obvious.
    Last edited by rosee; 14.02.19 at 15:11.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    screenshot
    Spoiler

reproduction steps
    1. log in and load the game
    2. try play as usual
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread