Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Black Knights Event

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I loved it. The few moments I got to play it. Awesome aprils fools prank.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    AWWWWW im sad... i never got to have the yellow rubber duck

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Many ppl hated this event but BB may be onto something in changing loots (new building rewards) from tired old adv's. They need to implement this on other adv's in future too, deffo drop the black & white and of course even if it is a 2 day event have adv's that all level's can play as to not alienate any player.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i was at work when i got home the event was over and done with

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    but i don't want any more dark castles they take up too much room i felt left out but what i have heard i didn't miss out much sounded like a cheap PR stunt

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    So what was wrong with this event and what BB should've learned from it:

1. Such mini events are better without any advertising in advance. Many people thought it'd be like some big grinding event and prepared for it, they were disappointed.
    It was made as a surprise joke and should've been a surprise. Maybe not during summer when there are less players. Perhaps during some major events or just before/after them?

2. You didn't tell us what exactly was changed in the loot. I completed several black knights and got nothing. All my friends too didn't have a clue that they could get a bone church in BK loot. I learned it only almost before the event was shut down. Had we known that in advance, we wouldn't have been that angry about the event and spent more time doing BK. People shouldn't guess what you have for them, tell them exactly what was changed and where's the profit.

3. Test stuff before it hits production. Judging by latest AskMeAnything issue many of you don't even play TSO, as you have 40 level accounts (2 weeks of playing). If you really don't want to play your game then ask those who do to do testing for you. I can do that, I play TSO since 2012 and I can tell you what will work and what won't. Plus you'd better have some accessibility testing too, as today's event shows there are a lot of people who can't see very well and your B&W zone buff makes game unplayable for them. If you tried to do even a single adventure in this B&W you'd have understood that as well.
    Last edited by avatar-name123; 24.07.17 at 19:14.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    look at my name i prob would have spent(bought) gems because of event glad i missed it

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    no wonder they are removing it - the rewards from adventures you can buy from merchant with tokens are way too good.
    I got frozen manor and both loots got witch towers from "Definitely NOT "The Black Knights""!
    Quite an achievement since you could not buy that adventure as there were no tokens

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I thought whole thing was funny, very good joke and shows the devs got sense of humour
    Obviously not everyone shares same humour.
    This would have been a brilliant April Fools, shame it missed it though.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for deactivating the event's map paint. It was painfully hard to see anything. I used winter paint just to get orientation. The island is overgrown with trees, which already tend to overshadow buildings and collectibles. Furthermore the lv6 color code is dominated with green alike trees, which make color orientation we enjoyed with lower level buildings gone.

Else the idea wasn't bad, even if the tokens were driving folks mad lol.

Reply to Thread