Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Black Knights Event

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar-name123 View Post
    So what was wrong with this event and what BB should've learned from it:
    2. You didn't tell us what exactly was changed in the loot. I completed several black knights and got nothing. All my friends too didn't have a clue that they could get a bone church in BK loot. I learned it only almost before the event was shut down. Had we known that in advance, we wouldn't have been that angry about the event and spent more time doing BK. People shouldn't guess what you have for them, tell them exactly what was changed and where's the profit.
    our guild knew from the get go before even 1 BK was finished that bone churches and such were in the loot possibilities, i'm not sure how but i think it was in the change logs somewhere, And it was proved after the First BK was done as someone got a WT. ( we had finished the first set of BK's a little after 11am CEST). so in the first hour of the event.

[removed]

it was found out very quickly in the main channel that sandman and winter wonderland buffs would over ride the event palette for the main island only and not long after that winter paint was the best one ( which is why its price skyrocketed ) so i have no idea what paints you tried.

it was also found out reasonably quickly that only ali adventures were exempt from the new colour scheme and even adventures started before the event started changed when it did or at least thats what happened in our guild.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 25.07.17 at 08:36. Reason: removed moderated quote

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    "Do not troll, ... it is a bannable offence. ". So how do we ban BB for this troll event?

Wow BB, did you seriously have a meeting where you tried to find out how to piss off your players the most?

You owe me one event and it better be a good one.

Now turn off the stupid monochrome colour.
    yet it looks to fit perfectly with your mono-toned profile pic

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBlaze75 View Post
    our guild knew from the get go before even 1 BK was finished that bone churches and such were in the loot possibilities, i'm not sure how but i think it was in the change logs somewhere, And it was proved after the First BK was done as someone got a WT. ( we had finished the first set of BK's a little after 11am CEST). so in the first hour of the event.
    there wasn't any info about churches in changelogs. there is a german site in which info about the event was posted 4 days ago, but no info about loot, only about black boxes. not sure where your guild gets intel from, but general public wasn't aware of that, at least on our russian servers.

World
    Sandycove
    Well....
    Clearly the community didn't like what it got. I wasn't that happy either. I think that these two factors contributed the most:
    1) If the event happened on April 1 I think things might have been better because that is a day where such 'odd things and jokes' tend to happen
    2) There was quite a bit of hype about and upcoming event, and I think most thought it would be more 'event like' with things you collect and buy items with. As it was, any new building was pure luck and based on how many gems you wanted to spend trying or how many adventures you wanted to try - and still nothing with a sure chance.

I very much appreciate BB cancelling as soon as they realized the feedback was mostly negative.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    A new event takes months to prepare. Whatever ideas were suggested for summer event were late for this year.

While it may be not the best event ever it is what we asked for. An event. So suck it up.
    I do have to agree have seen nothing but "we want an event" "when are we getting an event" "whys there no summer event" .... now theres nothing but complaints (i cant see to adv and have headache ) but honestly cry when no event then cry when mini event --- theres no pleasing everyone

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzak View Post
    With all the complaints about eyesight I'm guessing you'll all be supporting the removal of snow maps and snow during the winter events then? Considering that gives me (and probably others with similar colorblindness) a literal headache. Just take the event for what it is people, it's a joke.
    tho the snow hurts my eyes and give me headache it's only on adv map not every adv map. and you can still see. but this well i couldnt see and headache was 20x quicker to hit

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Well....
    Clearly the community didn't like what it got. I wasn't that happy either. I think that these two factors contributed the most:
    1) If the event happened on April 1 I think things might have been better because that is a day where such 'odd things and jokes' tend to happen
    2) There was quite a bit of hype about and upcoming event, and I think most thought it would be more 'event like' with things you collect and buy items with. As it was, any new building was pure luck and based on how many gems you wanted to spend trying or how many adventures you wanted to try - and still nothing with a sure chance.

I very much appreciate BB cancelling as soon as they realized the feedback was mostly negative.
    +1
    Announcing an event was for me seen as chance to do something. Not necessarily to get something, but having a goal again.
    An event for me is a much needed change, a reason to keep playing this game.
    Making a joke like this is not really funny, as it made the game unplayable for many of us.

People that came online after the "event" ended was very disappointed - I dont think they understood that they really did not miss out on anything.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Pekk
    I liked this but as said maybe April 1st would have been better time. Really strange how seriously people took it.

A good intent to add a fun twist to a fun GAME.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekk View Post
    Really strange how seriously people took it.
    Nowhere near as strange as playing an April Fool joke in July!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    my thoughts on this mini event both good and bad...yes there is both

Black and white on home island was fine...there was a solution (winter paint was already on so problem solved)
    Black and White on adventure (this hurt worse than the long ago red of EOTW) i managed just one BK and was rewarded with migraine. A event only buff made in mayors or provision to bring colour back to adventure would of been brilliant and allowed for those whos eyesight cannot cope with B&W an option to fix there colours, while allowing those few who found it nice to keep theirs.
    Added loot to set adv for limited time (love love love this idea)However having it as adv that cannot be done by lower lvl's sucks for them and could be off putting (but great for getting guilds working together)
    something along the lines of x3 loots from several adv(catered to all lvls) as we saw in last actually event could actually also work for extra loot drops.

Announcing as an event --- would of been much better to just start it much the same as crisis events are. Then it's a surprise nice or not theres no expectations.
    Am disappointed that we didnt get a Black Knights statue to add to our event items...whats an event with out it's own general/explorer or item

Reply to Thread