Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Faster levels and building upgrade for low level

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove

Faster levels and building upgrade for low level

I just was thinking about how BB can put some life to game, I think after XXL content BB have to come with studying the leveling speed for low players, if you can provide faster leveling way for low level to get level up faster, they maybe will keep playing game instead of quick quit, I really see very low amount of new players stay in the game.

Also, for building leveling speed, I believe if you change the speed for them and make the time to finish the upgrade less by 50% for basic and intermediate building (just keep level 5/6 for 7 days), this should keep some players in the game to know more about the game before quit!

Only rethink about low levels players (lvl 40 and below, or lvl 35 and below) so they can do more adventures, explore more building in short time before they get boring and upset of the speed when they see people with level 70!, as well as they can come with good production in short time to keep them interested.

I'm not sure if this thread belongs to discussion or suggestion, move it please if this is the wrong place.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 02.08.17 at 14:15. Reason: JUST don't misreading please
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    So what you are suggesting is make the game easier? Realy see no need. We have many in our guild who joined us at a low level and are still here months/years later. What the new/low level players need are guilds which support and advise them rather than those who invite them and then leave them to die.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    So what you are suggesting is make the game easier?
    Inflation of the time spent waiting (or being offline waiting for some insignificant thing to happen) is in no way connected to difficulty.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    So what you are suggesting is make the game easier? Realy see no need. We have many in our guild who joined us at a low level and are still here months/years later. What the new/low level players need are guilds which support and advise them rather than those who invite them and then leave them to die.
    Nothing to do with "easier" game, it is not making easier game or harder, I meant with this suggestion to study those low level specially after XXL content, I'm level 65 close to level 66, so it is nothing to do with me at all with this suggestion, I'm happy with current leveling system for high levels, what I meant is giving new players motivation to continue playing, or a longer time to make the glue dry so they stick longer to the game and give it a chance before they just quit after first a few hours.

Shortly: I'm targeting new players

And I not mentioned about guild at all, who joining guild is already did some progress, and even for who joined, I can't say it is true or false, each guild has its own way to manage, so I don't want to involve guild with this.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Inflation of the time spent waiting (or being offline waiting for some insignificant thing to happen) is in no way connected to difficulty.
    Yep, agree with that, bad choice of word. The basis of the game is waiting, that is how all the settlers series of games were. The thing seems to be a desire by newer players for instant gratification these days, the I want to be level 50 in a month crowd. The problem with that is they can s[end some cash on mmas etc, batter the island, thrash through adventures etc and bingo level 50 but don't have the faintest clue what the economy of the island is.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    Nothing to do with "easier" game, it is not making easier game or harder, I meant with this suggestion to study those low level specially after XXL content, I'm level 65 close to level 66, so it is nothing to do with me at all with this suggestion, I'm happy with current leveling system for high levels, what I meant is giving new players motivation to continue playing, or a longer time to make the glue dry so they stick longer to the game and give it a chance before they just quit after first a few hours.

Shortly: I'm targeting new players

And I not mentioned about guild at all, who joining guild is already did some progress, and even for who joined, I can't say it is true or false, each guild has its own way to manage, so I don't want to involve guild with this.
    I am still intrigued as to why BB need to spend time creating that 'new content'. After all the content is new for the new players; it is old hat for us simply because we have played so long. Guy in guild is loving doing BK adventure now he is lvl 42, whilst others of us say noooo not bk again.

When we started we had the same issue re build times etc, in fact more so. We didn't have long barracks buffs, rainbows, stadium snacks etc, and didn't have mmas/coa/mg gens, or even vet gens for the early players.

Reference to guild is merely to highlight the importance of that choice in relation to improving progress.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    -1 wrong on so many levels.

seems to me new players have it too easy, get bored of the game and quit. speeding things up for them will make things even easier. bb has already put things in place, like low lvl quests in exelsior, surely that's enuff. i;ve seen plenty of fast levellers, not 1 of them has a decent economy and continually scrounge off the rest of the guild. more of this? no thx. things are fine as they are, altho i think all the gens/explo's in shop is a bad idea. i;ve seen other games made easier in the past and its usually the beginning of the end.

let new players see the high lvl content (which is awesome btw) and if they like what they see they will level up and learn how to play the game without being a drain on others.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    -1 wrong on so many levels.

seems to me new players have it too easy, get bored of the game and quit. speeding things up for them will make things even easier. bb has already put things in place, like low lvl quests in exelsior, surely that's enuff. i;ve seen plenty of fast levellers, not 1 of them has a decent economy and continually scrounge off the rest of the guild. more of this? no thx. things are fine as they are, altho i think all the gens/explo's in shop is a bad idea. i;ve seen other games made easier in the past and its usually the beginning of the end.

let new players see the high lvl content (which is awesome btw) and if they like what they see they will level up and learn how to play the game without being a drain on others.
    it is just a scale, nothing easier :/ especially with new content, that is the point, as for example, make a quest chain over levels, and the quest chain must give like 100K exp and this chain need to finish with quests distributed from level 10 to level 40, each sub quest give amount of exp enough for that range of levels, at the end of chain at level 40, player get the find reward like 500 gems, but if you count total amount of exp player will be gotten like 100K exp, the same exp as before is still the same, player must do something to get his level, no free give, nothing easy, it is just more options.

If players see high level and see how is upset to get first a few level, he will consider that the game getting more harder and he impossible to reach "old" players.

SO making more content to give players more option for low level, again not change the amount of exp needed, not giving anything free and easy.

Just thinking anyway, it is really a note for BB, if they can study the game that could be a little outdated for new players.
    Hello People

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah ... no. Only thing you will be doing is making them quit later on. If you think levelling between 10 and 40 is slow ... wait till you hit 50+ -_-. And then what? Make that faster also to keep them in game? Rinse and repeat to infinity. Sorry but I did lvl 1-30 in a month and I was slacking. And they will always complain about something. Like "oh I just started but why don't I get 7 MMA's like someone that has played for years?" (seen that complaint too often). Or they want all sorts of thing that people that have played for years like buildings or what not. They (most new players) will always be behind long time players and they will always keep demanding faster this, more that, etc etc. And then still quit. Because a lot of people do not have the patience that is needed to play this game. So again no. No need to make low levels go even faster. In fact doing that will make the shell shock of the snail pace at higher level even worse and then they will quit. Period. And then you will go to the forums again suggesting something to make levelling faster AGAIN just to keep them and their one minute attention span in game.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhylian View Post
    Yeah ... no. Only thing you will be doing is making them quit later on. If you think levelling between 10 and 40 is slow ... wait till you hit 50+ -_-. And then what? Make that faster also to keep them in game? Rinse and repeat to infinity. Sorry but I did lvl 1-30 in a month and I was slacking. And they will always complain about something. Like "oh I just started but why don't I get 7 MMA's like someone that has played for years?" (seen that complaint too often). Or they want all sorts of thing that people that have played for years like buildings or what not. They (most new players) will always be behind long time players and they will always keep demanding faster this, more that, etc etc. And then still quit. Because a lot of people do not have the patience that is needed to play this game. So again no. No need to make low levels go even faster. In fact doing that will make the shell shock of the snail pace at higher level even worse and then they will quit. Period. And then you will go to the forums again suggesting something to make levelling faster AGAIN just to keep them and their one minute attention span in game.
    I'm level 65 soon will hit level 66, so I would suggest that if I saw this is really an issue, read my past answers
    Hello People

Reply to Thread