Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning players, new comers, motivation

littlepret

Returning players, new comers, motivation

The game is good if many players play it.
    3 part:
    - Returning players
    - Newcomers
    - Active player base

Returning players: They left the game why come back?
    Newcomers: The game is several years old. "Is it worth it yet to start?"; "I've missed so much."
    Active player base: They like the game. What could be done to keep the players?

I have 2 small idea around this: "Is it worth it yet to start?"; "I've missed so much."

1)
    In every event all player can buy all previous building (if they didn't buy before). Achievement building too. But They need to buy with event materials (gift, token, egg, etc.) not only the building but the lvl up too (achievment too). They can't do during only 1 event or very few player. But then they don't feel that they missed something, and there is a long term motivation to w8 the next year event too.
    And of course don't need rebalance event materials, players need to figure out how they get the extra event materials (Trade Office, Event market: gem)

2)
    Guild market. Finish the guild market rotation, rather expand the supplies.
    Each previous guild market come back at once and stay forever (of cource with limitation). Players don't feel they missed someting, and a big motivation to collect everything from guild market.
    And what will happen with guild market votes. It can be exists but the votes differents, what with new items would you like expand the guild market. Expand and not change.

What is your ideas? To the 3 part of player base.
    Last edited by littlepret; 06.08.17 at 18:10.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    What exactly do you mean by event buildings ?
    Do you mean buildings like the Easter basket building which effectively normal buildings with fancy graphics?
    Or do you mean buildings like recycling manufactories where players have to play several events to increase the numbers of buildings they have?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

littlepret
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    What exactly do you mean by event buildings ?
    Do you mean buildings like the Easter basket building which effectively normal buildings with fancy graphics?
    Or do you mean buildings like recycling manufactories where players have to play several events to increase the numbers of buildings they have?
    Both

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    BB already said the special event building i smeant to be special for that event.
    So if you got it, then you was playing this event, if you don't have it, then you did not played that event, and who deserve it only who joined and played during that event, special building meant to be special, so -1 about this part.
    Yes I want that basket, I'm on of who returned after around 3 years (from last of 2013 to 2016 was out of game), but well, I understand the concept of those special buildings.

The same idea works for limited buildings, if you want to motivate players to stay after they returned, you need to keep this as it is, or any player will leave to get "returning" benefits so another -1 about this point.

Maybe only idea worth to think is a starter pack for returning player, like extra 50% gems on 10$ package.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Where is the meat of your suggestion ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Returning players why come back . . . As a player who was here during the closed beta days - as unlucky in Newfoundland, I left on reaching lvl 50 as it was something I had got to by never playing an epic or similar adventure and got fed up just collecting star coins. Similarly playing on sandy cove, I just needed a break.

After 18 months away though, I heard the call, well I found my old special starter disks and thought I should see what I was missing and see if the game had progressed. Well what did I find, well with the exception of more lvls and more adventures and now generals more advanced than the mma and veteran and all the event buildings I had missed? Not a lot many familiar names had vanished, new names had replaced them and their moans were now allowed by many new mods in G1, but not had enough to keep unlucky happy so he retired again after the Easter event.

theheron meanwhile has found a happy roost in a supporting guild and has felt little need to venture out any more into G1 and as a result has to hold up the happy experience on why he has remained. Oh and he had got totally fed up with spending silly money on steam games.

Keep settling - take a sabbatical but come back as no one has raided, looted or burnt your island.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

littlepret
    In other games worked very well for example Guild Wars 1. Events masks/hats etc. You get a token and you can choose only 1 thing/year/event from the previous years. If you have all thing then you can spend for valuable consumables.

Reply to Thread