Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "new" adventures

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    The upgrade of troops and camp placement to void guides were a simple way of making the adventures a lot harder since you have to use combat guide every time to check block (if you want them) and attack. The 50 % bonus was suggested because this is already implemented as premium :-)
    Yea, but the bigger problem is not the one how to do it, but how to balance it.

Considering the fact that your army capacity is limited, the difficulty of a camp does not scale linearly, because the more meatshield you take, the fewer space for the damage units you have.

Realistically doubling enemy stats/numbers would most likely result in increasing the losses about 4 times, and in some cases make camps undefeatable using units (and quite possibly there would be some camps undefeatable using debuffs aswell).
    ___
    In case someone missed it, the initial iteration of Alibaba adventures on PTR had Steermen at 1 million HP, and if I remember correctly there was at least one camp where there were only about 5-10 unit combinations total (out of possible hundreds of thousands) that could defeat the camp without sending tens of MMAs to kill the weaker units. Sounds difficult enough, and thats just a result of pumping one units HP up too much. Nevermind the damage.
    Last edited by sparkz; 07.09.17 at 06:15.

World
    Northisle
    I like both ideas a lot, Myself even started a discussion some time ago suggesting something like the random position of camps, but i suggested a random enemy amount/type on each camp, of course this would still be based on the difficulty of camps, but within it's dificulty each camp could get a random number and type of enemies. This would make the adventures imprevisible and add a bit of extra dificulty to them, would not make them the same old repeating stuff, even if you don't use guides after a bit they get very very repetitive.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Yea, but the bigger problem is not the one how to do it, but how to balance it.

Considering the fact that your army capacity is limited, the difficulty of a camp does not scale linearly, because the more meatshield you take, the fewer space for the damage units you have.

Realistically doubling enemy stats/numbers would most likely result in increasing the losses about 4 times, and in some cases make camps undefeatable using units (and quite possibly there would be some camps undefeatable using debuffs aswell).
    ___
    In case someone missed it, the initial iteration of Alibaba adventures on PTR had Steermen at 1 million HP, and if I remember correctly there was at least one camp where there were only about 5-10 unit combinations total (out of possible hundreds of thousands) that could defeat the camp without sending tens of MMAs to kill the weaker units. Sounds difficult enough, and thats just a result of pumping one units HP up too much. Nevermind the damage.
    What you see as a problem I see as an asset. The thing is: this is something that you can do if you want, so I'd expect to have a ton of losses compared to normal mode where there are guides. This is the reason for the extra bonus :-)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    hard mode is a good idea and it doesnt necessarily have to be doubled. i should think even an extra 20% would make a substantial difference. if bb take this up i hope they stick to normal troops as using elites would be no different to doing ali's. and ofc being greedy players we'd expect a substantial increase in loot and xp to make it worthwhile doing hard mode.

some kind of buff in rph sounds a good idea, altho gems does not. i have better things to spend gems on than making bk harder when i can just play a harder adv anyway
    Last edited by vigabrand; 10.09.17 at 21:25.

Reply to Thread