Reply to Thread

Thread: No Need for Bronze Swords any longer/Endless copper mine.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

No Need for Bronze Swords any longer/Endless copper mine.

As I have Hostile Takeover on my 2 MAJ and my Vargas general, and do mainly Ali ADV I no longer have a need to produce bronze swords ( which i have a shed load of in star anyway ). I know people who have built up a lot more but i currently have near 9k Recruit in star so no need to produce which in turn frees up room in my modest POP amount.

So I don't need bronze swords which mean less bronze needed so less copper meaning not a great benefit getting an endless copper mine anymore.

I know not everyone would of used that skill on their Generals.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Actually, you don't need load of bronze swords yes (btw you can convert them to iron swords), but the need for endless copper mine is still getting to be more needed, you still need load of copper for nibs (if you run 24/7/365 PRH on barazek, you will see what I'm talking about), and after Halloween Event, the buff for 15% faster generals for 1 hour need load of bronze.

So, yes you don't need a lot of bronze swords, but the need for copper is still getting higher.

Also, you forgot tools? if you want to play PvP you need load of tools to build iron mines to maintain iron production, if you want to build coinage chain, you still need more and more tools, means more bronze to produce to get enough tools.

I'm still on negative production, got 2 endless copper on lvl 6, with mineshaft mines, and with steak buffed mines, and not enough at all, I'll build 3rd endless copper mine soon, for sure.
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you for your reply.

Your point about nibs is a good one although with the time it takes to produce manuscript in rph even with Barazek on it is easy to keep up with nibs, but does use copper.

I don't play PvP so can not comment on the tools for this, I do not need to run too many toolmakers and I upgrade all copper and iron mines other than 1 to lvl 4 everyday which in its self would suggest the need for endless copper mine but I would not put this down as a priority to spend gems on.

I suppose it depends on how much you need to run your individual game but most copper was used for copper production which is now not so needed.

World
    Sandycove
    No need for bronze swords !?!

You said you mostly play the Ali adventures, but I find a lot of gaps in doing that because of the time it takes to recruit the soldiers, so I go through the Tailor adventures and I sure burn up a lot of bronze swords doing that.

If you don't want to sell them, then please feel free to send them to me. I can find a use for them.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with OP, mercs replace BS production and even then, if your storage BS isnt enough they are insanely cheap to buy in bulk.
    You dont need bronze for tools, in fact id argue its a total waste of copper/bronze, as you can make them very very fast in your PH using just pinewood and stone. Way ore efficient in my opinion, and the reason i have just 1 tool maker now.
    Even the 15% buff Victorious ref to, when you can use platinum ore to make a superior buff im not sure why anyone who is a high enough lvl to obtain plat ore would opt for the copper/bronze version. Even then plat ore is in such high supply that is also crazily cheap.
    ECM isnt as essential imo anymore i agree. Nibs, after initial 'OMG i need way more nibs!' period, have now settled as far as nib prices are concerned. After everyone decided to build large numbers in response to books, again, supply is higher than demand (for high lvl players esp).
    I only have couple tavs left to do and have so many books saved. Ill revert to using nibs for map frags, as the value of them has doubled in TO as people concentrate on making books with their nibs.
    John the Don A.K.A OHNO_IMAPENCIL

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i totally agree with TheVictorious.

there is no right or wrong way to play settlers, while some of us love endless copper mines others may not need them at all. i like these kind of topics, as it gives an insight into how others play and how varied this game can be

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheDon1980 View Post
    I agree with OP, mercs replace BS production and even then, if your storage BS isnt enough they are insanely cheap to buy in bulk.
    You dont need bronze for tools, in fact id argue its a total waste of copper/bronze, as you can make them very very fast in your PH using just pinewood and stone. Way ore efficient in my opinion, and the reason i have just 1 tool maker now.
    Even the 15% buff Victorious ref to, when you can use platinum ore to make a superior buff im not sure why anyone who is a high enough lvl to obtain plat ore would opt for the copper/bronze version. Even then plat ore is in such high supply that is also crazily cheap.
    ECM isnt as essential imo anymore i agree. Nibs, after initial 'OMG i need way more nibs!' period, have now settled as far as nib prices are concerned. After everyone decided to build large numbers in response to books, again, supply is higher than demand (for high lvl players esp).
    I only have couple tavs left to do and have so many books saved. Ill revert to using nibs for map frags, as the value of them has doubled in TO as people concentrate on making books with their nibs.
    why do I need to use the platinum version on the short adventure? the platinum chain is painful totally, not because the load of ores and cheap, but first to build the chain itself, also, it uses load of coal, I'm about to have half of my island buildings woodcutters and coal plants just to support those hungry smelters. 4 level 6 smelters consume 14.5K coal / 12 hours, and buildings the 5th one right now.

Another option to have tools is not really that worth, the production for stone and planks for me is really at the minimum, just 1 sawmill, and 2 stone mason, and they slow, but I kept them for small stuff, got 4 tool makers level 6, and even that, it is not really enough if you build a lot of iron mines and even worst, the gold mines.

Nibs, for now, they needed badly, for later, we can say they useless or not, but they will never be useless anymore, they will be needed in market always, if you made a progress a head of players, there is new players or even who is only active during events, need nibs for sure.
    Hello People

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    One could argue by picking up the skill that gives mercenary recruits you've added a lot of hours to your elite barracks queue by not picking a skill that saves elite troops. For the sake of not buying a few bronze swords which are as cheap as chips these days anyway.

World
    Sandycove
    I have one ECM, if the question is would I spend 20k gems on another? Then I would probably say no. One is sufficient for my needs without being reliant on an ever dwindling trade option. ( In order to follow this principle, someone somewhere has to be producing copper ore and the copper chain ) I like to keep a self sufficient island for most chains as you never know what BB are going to throw at us, I'm not short of space so once I have stores full I just idle the chains, then if there is a sudden market change I'm in a nice position to profit, without doing any major rebuilding.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread