Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More slow generals

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Remember - even though we acknowledge it's a common tactic that we don't officially support the act of "blocking" from a design perspective.
    I understand that. Let's say I want more normal Generals just to do adventures faster, it's not about blocking and locking.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Oh yeah? And your own Help Archive teaches us to block and lock using generals. And you have a MoD general specifically designed for blocking/locking (not very well, but specifically made for).

I'm sorry but you need to give that "not officially supported" a rest. It's completely possible to acknowledge blocking while at same time not reimbursing idiots doing it wrong from time to time. Whether by human error or technical difficulties.
    If you look carefully at what BB_Saqui said, it was "from a design perspective". This means imho that while they know it's used, and yes included a general that has attributes that can be used for that purpose, they don't add/delete/modify elements of the game design based on your need to block.

Also, it has always been logical to me that they "can't support it" because blocking is a technique that is based on arbitrary timing that you control and they don't need support calls about it failing because your counting to 6 is not the same as my counting to 6.

If a certain number of troops attack straight-up and it should have defeated the enemy but didn't then you have an issue you can report. If you are blocking, then there is a great number of things you could have done wrong. How can they possibly support those variables?

I think that's what they mean but "not supported". In many situations I don't block because I've burned myself too many times on that particular attack. It's certainly not their fault. Some players don't block at all. Perhaps that would be best for you?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    If you look carefully at what BB_Saqui said, it was "from a design perspective". This means imho that while they know it's used, and yes included a general that has attributes that can be used for that purpose, they don't add/delete/modify elements of the game design based on your need to block.
    And yet, the very act of designing the Master of Defence contradicts that assertion...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Just for the humour aspect add 6 more taverns at 1M coins each, add an achievement for owning all 12 with a nice reward say 500 coins and 500 granite.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    at this point additional tavern gens should cost granite

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    MoDs can have their use, particularly at performing the first block, before your TVGs arrive, so you can get started.

Also, for tikki, you can use MoDs to block, so for example, I use 3xMoD and 3xBHG to complete the adv in quick time. 3 block camps and 3 kill camps, with not a sniff of a TVG required. This also means that you can complete a tikki while waiting for TVGs to return from an adv (if you have 3xMoD and 3xBHG sat at home waiting to go, as I do). You can complete tikki before your 16m30s (3xNav) equipped TVGs get home.

So, as you can see, MoDs can be very useful if you use them in the right places.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    And yet, the very act of designing the Master of Defence contradicts that assertion...
    No contradiction at all. I mentioned that the MoD can be used, doesn't need to be used, just like any other general can be used (or not used) to block.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    As Snowblizz has already alluded to, for years the MoD's description in the Merchant stated that it was specifically useful for locking and blocking. That description was only removed relatively recently when all the descriptions were updated to include each general's individual combat statistics. So, I'm sorry, but they did "(add an element) of the game design based on (a player's) need to block".

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    As Snowblizz has already alluded to, for years the MoD's description in the Merchant stated that it was specifically useful for locking and blocking. That description was only removed relatively recently when all the descriptions were updated to include each general's individual combat statistics. So, I'm sorry, but they did "(add an element) of the game design based on (a player's) need to block".
    And it's still not supported. Even Snowblizz has been stating the same:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    It's completely possible to acknowledge blocking while at same time not reimbursing idiots doing it wrong from time to time. Whether by human error or technical difficulties.
    is basically "acknowledged, but not supported"

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Remember - even though we acknowledge it's a common tactic that we don't officially support the act of "blocking" from a design perspective.
    is basically "achnowledged, but not supported"

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris3457 View Post
    Well, you have tools (like MoD general), if you can't use them without someone guiding your hand, it's not BB's fault
    I don't need to be guided thankyou. Just that I have never heard anyone say that the MoD was good for something. The MoD should have a longer battle time not the same as a fast gen. His skill is not to attack but to block, so if his battle time is the same as a fast gen then he is pretty useless. it says he is the master of defence but a taven gen is better lol

Reply to Thread