Reply to Thread

Thread: I can't change half sized graphics setting on Steam

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

I can't change half sized graphics setting on Steam

Hello Fellow Settlers,

I wanted to check if anyone else playing via Steam is having this same problem. I've been in contact with support about this, but they don't seem to be aware of this problem or how to fix it, so I just wanted to rule out that it isn't my computers acting up.

You'll find the setting here:

Whenever I try to change this setting to "full size graphics" it reverts back to "half size graphics" the next time I log into the game again.

This setting seems to be stuck in one of the two positions:

1) People who had full size graphics before this bug appeared can't change it to half size graphics
    2) People who had half size graphics before this bug appeared can't change it to full size graphics

So if you're playing on Steam, could you check to see if you can change it from where it is now?

As far as I know, this is only on Steam version of the game, but I'm not sure about the Slim Browser version (since Steam uses that too).

Here's a YouTube video I made of me trying to disable half size graphics:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW4KHyglSKA

Here's the part after I click "ok" (in super slow motion), indicating that the setting changes temporarily before it takes me out of the game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRrxiN-9aoM

I hope we can get to the bottom of this, since it's really annoying to have sharp UI elements and a blurry island (when zoomed in).

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I can confirm that the setting is broken in Steam. I can switch it on and off just fine with my web account but with my Steam client and account it always reverts back to the previous state when I log in.

Reply to Thread