Reply to Thread

Thread: No Guildtags in Chat !

World
    Newfoundland

No Guildtags in Chat !

Hi there,

i got a funny bug today, as you can see no guildtags in chat.

regards

slikz aka slikzy aka sliky
    .i-love-you {
    content: "I Love You";
    position: absolute;
    visibility: visible;
    overflow : auto;
    break-after: avoid;
    perspective: inherit;
    }

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    That's right, from last "update" BB got a really good job with deploying more bugs and not solving anything except the "0" shortcut issue.

Kudos to BB again for this big update.

You can see names are all in small caps.

Also, you cant click names to whisper, or add a friend or do anything.

Not only that there is an issue when I scroll one tick using the middle wheel for the mouse it directly scrolls to the top of chats on the first line of all chat records.

also, sometimes I can't scroll up at all it stuck and scroll bar does nothing, just jumping.

And using middle wheel sometimes just crash the chat.

be honest BB, are you trying to kick people out of the game? the cheapest solution for you?

Edit: this is affecting all channels, including trade and help, for a guild, not affected by small caps and clickable names, but scroll issue and sticky chat is there too.
    Last edited by TheVictorious; 18.08.17 at 22:02.
    Hello People

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    http://prntscr.com/ga9btm
    try refreshing or clear history and log back in as i'm looking at same chat as you Vic and it's fine

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by NicciNZ View Post
    http://prntscr.com/ga9btm
    try refreshing or clear history and log back in as i'm looking at same chat as you Vic and it's fine
    it is random.
    Hello People

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Actually, maybe this isn't such a bad thing. We all know who is in our own guilds so seeing those on chat seems irrelevant.

Now, if no guild tags showed then maybe this would stop all the random guild invites players get as soon as they appear with no tag. I know a number of players who have made a one player guild just to get round these random invites.

Then make joining a guild application only. If someone wants to be in a guild this means that they apply to the one/s that suit them not simply the first to chuck them an invite with no chat etc beforehand.

World
    Newfoundland
    It looks like that it is a Chromeside bug in the Curent Version 60.0.3112.101 , it works fine with Edge, opera , Firefox and Waterfox.

Fix: It works with a older chrome version but you should deactivate the Chrome auto update function,

dont open chorme before you do this step otherwhise it will update chrome automactily

1 press the windows key + R , then type msconfig into the little window and press enter.
    2 move your mouse to the Services Section ánd klick on it
    3 search for the google update and upgrade Service and deactivate this,
    4 Restart your Computer
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 21.08.17 at 13:29. Reason: Removed links to unofficial sources.
    .i-love-you {
    content: "I Love You";
    position: absolute;
    visibility: visible;
    overflow : auto;
    break-after: avoid;
    perspective: inherit;
    }

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by slikz View Post
    It looks like that it is a Chromeside bug in the Curent Version 60.0.3112.101 , it works fine with Edge, opera , Firefox and Waterfox.

Fix: It works with a older chrome version but you should deactivate the Chrome auto update function,

dont open chorme before you do this step otherwhise it will update chrome automactily

32bit https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/downl....0.3071.86.exe

64bit https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/downl....0.3071.86.exe

1 press the windows key + R , then type msconfig into the little window and press enter.
    2 move your mouse to the Services Section ánd klick on it
    3 search for the google update and upgrade Service and deactivate this,
    4 Restart your Computer
    and this will fix the chat bug ??
    how and why
    and even if : In an attempt to fix the freezes, i've changed a few things in chrome already, suggested here on the forum. Now i need to do that as well ?
    The freezes still happen.
    I am trying to make Chrome compatible with Settlers and i am done with it.
    Maybe they need to put * TSO is not compatible with Chrome* on the frontpage

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    and this will fix the chat bug ??
    how and why
    and even if : In an attempt to fix the freezes, i've changed a few things in chrome already, suggested here on the forum. Now i need to do that as well ?
    The freezes still happen.
    I am trying to make Chrome compatible with Settlers and i am done with it.
    Maybe they need to put * TSO is not compatible with Chrome* on the frontpage
    Or better, * To play TSO, you need to live in the same year that the game designed for, please note that TSO is not compatible with any OS or any browser, settlers does not have electricity, not computers and internet!
    Hello People

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    This is actually a really old bug, the missing guild tags and lower case names were seen back in the days of Ravel. What brought it back now I wouldn't dare guess.

Reply to Thread