Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: limit -only one adventure of a kind per day

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    You seem to be torn between your desire for differentiation and the lack of will power to take a longer break from those poor YWCs.
    I'm afraid that the problem lies in the explorer/merchant - YWC and VLT are the only high XP adventures you can get easily and at low cost. So if BB forbids you to play YWC too often, can you promise you won't cry "let me play YWC 5 times daily"?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris3457 View Post
    You seem to be torn between your desire for differentiation and the lack of will power to take a longer break from those poor YWCs.
    I'm afraid that the problem lies in the explorer/merchant - YWC and VLT are the only high XP adventures you can get easily and at low cost. So if BB forbids you to play YWC too often, can you promise you won't cry "let me play YWC 5 times daily"?
    I was about to reply almost same as yours lol yup + 1 for you.
    Hello People

BrownGuy
    not crying , just proposing stuff that i think would make game more interesting ...
    \
    so, everyone- back to ywc untill 75

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    not crying , just proposing stuff that i think would make game more interesting ...
    \
    so, everyone- back to ywc untill 75
    People free to do what they want to do, also, seriously you will play WYC most of the times to get and play follow-ups! and not all people play as you do!
    Hello People

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    yes but if xp reward for all adventures is raised by 20% (eg) speed that people level up would be same!
    The discrepancy between exp/loss ratio of different adventures is much closer to 200% than it is to 20%. 20% buff across the board changes nothing and the entire idea is still a huge nerf to the levelling speed of players.

In general what this game needs is not forced diversity, its content balancing (that by itself would bring the diversity in anyway). The problem is we are not going to get it because :

- BB doesnt seem to have resources to do it or even consider it
    - its been proven time and time again they lack understanding of their own game, so even if they did balancing it would probably only make things worse.

Effellump
    Please could I have the same luck as you guys that get YWC daily?
    To play more than ONE a MONTH I have to buy them cos my explorers are f g useless (

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Effellump View Post
    Please could I have the same luck as you guys that get YWC daily?
    To play more than ONE a MONTH I have to buy them cos my explorers are f g useless (
    how many explorers did you send? I'm sending 14 explorers, sometimes get nothing sometimes get like 4.
    Hello People

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Placing limits on players to promote other adventures is usually not a good way of going about things - the player's choice is an important aspect. Could you think of something else that could promote the playing of the lesser played adventures instead?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Placing limits on players to promote other adventures is usually not a good way of going about things - the player's choice is an important aspect. Could you think of something else that could promote the playing of the lesser played adventures instead?
    I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to force people to not do the same adventure over and over. I'm one who tends to do YWC over and over on the other server where I play, and it is mainly an issue of efficiency - the necessary troops are loaded, all I need to do is add a few more MS and Knights, and send them off. It's a great time saver vs. having to load new troops every time. If a person doesn't like the idea of doing the same adventure over and over, they don't have to. We have the freedom to choose, and freedom of choice is good.

As for the question of what would promote the playing of less popular adventures, improved loot. Why not have mini events every so often in which 2 or 3 adventures will drop triple loot (and maybe increased xp as well) for a week or 10 days? Or maybe add something extra to the loot such as a special building. I think those less-popular adventures would suddenly become very desirable.
    Last edited by Schipperke; 22.08.17 at 15:15.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    Why not have mini events every so often in which 2 or 3 adventures will drop triple loot (and maybe increased xp as well)
    XP is not tied to the adventure but to the types and number of enemy units you kill.

You change the exp from one type of units - it will affect multiple adventures, and in categories like alibabas - pretty much most of them, so essentially nothing will change (most likely you will just make people do more Woodcutters during the time of the event).

Reply to Thread