Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vargus skills

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle

Vargus skills

Hi guys, I'd like to get your thoughts on the skill setup for Vargus. I just hit level 56 so I'm only starting to play Alis and I'm puzzled what to do with the books that I have prepared for Vargus.
    Here are my questions: Battle Frenzy is a great skill imo, but is it suitable for Vargus in these adventures or is it better to use Unstoppable Charge (since in many guides he often uses MM)?
    Also, is Weekly Maintenance useful for Vargus or is it better to invest books in lower level skills (like Battler Frenzy and/or Unstoppable Charge)?

I'm definitely gonna invest in Jog, First Aid and Overrun in lower tiers and Garrison Annex and Master Planner in the highest ones, but these in between are what's troubling me.
    Thanks in advance!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Unstoppable charge is a must have for any general that often use MM or cavalry in my opinion. I have it on Vargus and the MG's and will give it to MMA's when I get enough books.

As far as I can tell it is very seldom that you use Vargus in battles that goes beyond one round, so Battle frenzy is less useful for him. I used 2 books in it on my MG's to unlock the next tier, but on all other generals I used manuscripts on tier 1 to unlock.

I used 3 codices in Garrison annex and 2 in Weekly maintenance on my Vargus, then the last one on master planner.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Unstoppable charge is USELESS.
    With all the new gens horses are becoming obsolete, just use mma/nus/var suicides.
    MM already have splash damage, with master planner MM always do 100 damage. Those 3 extra won't make a difference.
    This is my setup for Vargus and both my major gens. I wish I could swap 1 book on first aid for the last book on battle frenzy
    [IMG]prntscr.com/gc1ep3[/IMG]
    Last edited by Budgy; 23.08.17 at 11:51.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    With all the new gens horses are becoming obsolete, just use mma/nus/var suicides.
    MM already have splash damage, with master planner MM always do 100 damage. Those 3 extra won't make a difference.
    This is my setup for Vargus and both my major gens. I wish I could swap 1 book on first aid for the last book on battle frenzy
    I can't see your image, but as far as I understand it, Mater Planner influences accuracy and Unstoppable charge influences damage, right?

Has someone done any simulations with these skills?

BrownGuy

this is my vargus , Bounty Hunter not bad , gaining 69-71 star coins per YWC and 30ish from FT adventures

http://prntscr.com/gc2e85

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    I think you are wrong, master planner increases accuray, not damage.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Master planner increases accuracy to 100%, so they always do 100 damage and never 50 anymore.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post

this is my vargus , Bounty Hunter not bad , gaining 69-71 star coins per YWC and 30ish from FT adventures

http://prntscr.com/gc2e85
    When you hit lvl 58 and go for books in excelsior you will drown in star coins.

BrownGuy
    i am level 65, not drowning in anything , spend them all on arrows and catapults

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Master planner increases accuracy to 100%, so they always do 100 damage and never 50 anymore.
    Yup, and with Unstoppable charge they do 103 damage, right?

Reply to Thread