Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rename the Elite Soldiers to decrease confusion

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Rename the Elite Soldiers to decrease confusion

Hiya!
    The word "elite" in the name had initially caused some misunderstanding when it came to the general skill. It should cause newer players no confusion when they've recently unlocked lvl 50+ "ELITE" troops, which have nothing to do with the skill "CLEAVE".
    I have thought of alternative names for the current "Elite Soldiers", such as:
    • Veteran Soldiers,
    • Seasoned Soldiers,
    • Super Soldiers,
    • Special Forces Soldiers,
    • Navy Seal Foot Soldiers,
    • Dominion Ghosts,
    • Super Sentai Fighters,
    • T-800s,
    etc.

So MANY options to choose from. Anything will be better than the current NON-ELITE "Elite Soldiers"!
    BB plz change dis.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I have also seen the double meaning of 'Elite' within the game causing some confusion.

I would also add these to the list of possible alternatives:
    • Armoured Soldiers
    • Champion Soldiers
    • Crack Soldiers
    • Expert Soldiers
    • Imperial Soldiers
    • Noble Soldiers
    • Sovereign Soldiers
    • Superior Soldiers
    • Supreme Soldiers

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    • Cosseted Soldiers
    • Extravagant Soldiers
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 29.08.17 at 08:24.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    • Brienne of Tarth's Squires ;D
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Officer, has the advantage over the others of being just 1 word. Guides would the refer to it as "o". The convention which appears most common is single lower case letters for regular troop, double lower case letters for expedition troops and upper case for elite troops.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Officer, has the advantage over the others of being just 1 word. Guides would the refer to it as "o". The convention which appears most common is single lower case letters for regular troop, double lower case letters for expedition troops and upper case for elite troops.

An officer is a person who has a position of authority in a hierarchical organization. In this situation, your General is the officer.

Personally, I would like to see the Elite Soldier demoted to something more fitting for his role. As only a limited number are normally used as protection between the front line recruits and rear line cannons, they act more like Guards.

Guards would be a simpler name and the initial G is unused by any other troop, thus making it easier for the guide makers.
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 29.08.17 at 21:16.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post

An officer is a person who has a position of authority in a hierarchical organization. In this situation, your General is the officer.

Personally, I would like to see the Elite Soldier demoted to something more fitting for his role. As only a limited number are normally used as protection between the front line recruits and rear line cannons, they act more like Guards.

Guards would be a simpler name and the initial G is unused by any other troop, thus making it easier for the guide makers.
    +1 Good one.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    +/-1

Would prefer description of the skill 'Cleave' to be more informative.

Renaming 'Elite Soldiers' to 'Guards' could cause confusion with 'Guardsman' used for PvP

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post

+1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I dont really care what they are called, I agree it is currently confusing and would add my voice to the change it please request.

Reply to Thread