Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Swordsman

Can someone explain me the usage of the Swordsman unit? I've trained bunch of them when bulding the elite army. Then I realized that this unit is not used by any guide. Looks like there is something wrong in the design of elite units

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    You would use them if you didn't have Nusula, Vargus or Anslem, or hadn't reached a level that gave you the top elite troops.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierOfFortune View Post
    Can someone explain me the usage of the Swordsman unit?
    It might make sense using them against units with the 'attacks weakest' ability, where you can kill those due to relatively high damage swordsmen have, they can take more hits than ie. knights and the units you will eventually lose have lower value than any other. Its unlikely there are many cases like that, but there might be some.

Looks like there is something wrong in the design of elite units
    There is plenty wrong with the design of the units, its all known since even before the last big update hit live servers.
    Last edited by sparkz; 09.09.17 at 07:01.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    With Vargus Knights are almost useless and Marksman are only used to protect MM. (Saves a battlehorse, and building time is 33% faster)

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Anslem with Swordsman can in some cases be effective, because enemies hit less hard, and Swordsman hits harder than Mounted Swordsman and is cheaper and faster to train.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I would expect the Swordsman should play in the elite army the same role like Recruits. An unit to be trained in large numbers and used to protect better units. It looks like BB tried to go another way as the Swordsman is a cheap unit but the time to train this is almost the same like the other elite units. Maybe there could help some adjustment (like some new skill or reduction of the training time) which would make Swordsmen usefull.
    Last edited by SoldierOfFortune; 10.09.17 at 07:43.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    use em for ls's and dont bother making anymore!

World
    Sandycove
    Like what halv12 said, the unit is situtional. Some camps benefits from using swordsmen over mounted swordsmen; if you want an for example, take the temple ruin on 2nd thief. It's not like you have to follow guides religiously tho... /learn to/ use a combat simulator and make up your own guides.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierOfFortune View Post
    I would expect the Swordsman should play in the elite army the same role like Recruits. An unit to be trained in large numbers and used to protect better units.
    They would never work the same way recruits do, main reason is all the enemy units in Ali adventures do splash damage.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    ... main reason is all the enemy units in Ali adventures do splash damage.
    If I take this as premise then it brings me to the Elite Barracks efficiency - HP production per hour. Let's assume Barracks on level 6. Then I get 2700 HP/hour for Swordsmen (3:20 min) and 3000 HP/hour for Mounted Swordsmen (5 min). Swordsman is a cheaper unit but battle horses are easy to produce. It is funny that 20 sec decides all because if the training time of Swordsman would be 3 mins then we all would produce them instead of Mounted Swordsmen

Reply to Thread