Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TSO looking bad on my laptop

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

TSO looking bad on my laptop

Hi,

I have been playing TSO for 2 years now and it works fine, but only when I am using an external display on my laptop.

When I remove the external display and start using the internal display, the graphics become very poor.

It looks like flash is using some low resolution in this case.

But both the internal display and external display are modern high quality full hd displays running in 1920x1080 resultion.

The rest of Windows 10 and all other programs are looking fine on the laptop display, it's just TSO/flash that's looking crappy.

Any idea how to solve this?

I already tried reinstalling graphic drivers, monitor drivers, flash, firefox, chrome, ...

It's happening on both Firefox and Chrome so it seems more flash related and not browser related.
    In Chrome I can't find a way to switch back to the built in pepperflash, so it's usings Adobe Flash just as Firefox.
    It also happens on the standalone Chromium TSO download.

Help!?

Please do not use profanities on the forum
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 09.09.17 at 18:46.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Opper - are you sure you don't have the "half sized graphics" option enabled? You can find it by clicking the cog wheel in-game.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Hello Opper - are you sure you don't have the "half sized graphics" option enabled? You can find it by clicking the cog wheel in-game.
    Thanks, but no it's not enabled. I tried enabling it, restarting and disabling it and restarting. No luck.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    if you increased the default font size of Windows, this may cause the problem

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Emou View Post
    if you increased the default font size of Windows, this may cause the problem
    It's at the default (100%), which is the recommended setting.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    BTW The resolution of exernal display is different from the internal one. External is 1920x1200, Internal is 1920x1080.

I just tested 1920x1080 on the external one and the quality becomes poor then as well!

But only on the flash game, not in other applications. For some reason flash together with the display driver goes wrong with scaling.
    It's not just that it looks bad, the graphics themselves are actually bad. When I take a screenshot I can see that the graphics are rendered differently.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    OMG I jinxed it, now it looks bad all the time:

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Just tried with half sized graphics but that makes it worse so it's not that.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Ah, in EDGE it's working correctly now.

But Chrome and Firefox are still showing poor graphics.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    its a known fact flash will fry ya cpu

Reply to Thread