Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes - Adventure Classification

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Because the number system is way more clear and flexible as was explained in the dev diaries. If they add more harder adventures in the future they can just add more numbers instead of readjusting skull count once again.
    So like you say they can add more numbers for harder adventures. Or they could of just reworked the skulls so that they match the difficulty level of the adventure.
    In that case there were no need to change anything else. Even if they just replaced the skulls with numbers and left everything else as it was would of been better. It is just my opinion that there were no need to change the info regarding the adventures but a rework of the diffiuculty levels was needed.

Nvm, forget it. I will be just like everyone else... Wow great update I love it. Cannot wait to see what they come up with next. Good job guys keep up the amazing work.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.09.17 at 17:09.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    So like you say they can add more numbers for harder adventures. Or they could of just reworked the skulls so that they match the difficulty level of the adventure.
    In that case there were no need to change anything else. Even if they just replaced the skulls with numbers and left everything else as it was would of been better. It is just my opinion that there were no need to change the info regarding the adventures but a rework of the diffiuculty levels was needed.

Nvm, forget it. I will be just like everyone else... Wow great update I love it. Cannot wait to see what they come up with next. Good job guys keep up the amazing work.
    Even if you don't care about this anymore at this point I'll write it so possibly others can read it and comment:

If you think it further the 10 skull scale in not flexible. New adventures with higher difficulties requires rescaling of all adventures in the game and the precision was already too low when thinking everything between bounty hunter and princess. It's also not friendly to the players if scaling of everything changes from time to time. Adding more skulls vs the added number system does not make sense in terms of clarity. Numbers however do not have really any cap and old adventures keep their rating even if new difficulties are added.

Even if we disregard the whole difficulty numbering/skulls for a sec, the old adventure badge coloring did not really make any sense either. The color had little to do with the actual difficulty as for example some green and blue adventures were greatly more difficult than purple adventures and then purple included almost half of the adventures in the game.

On top of all this there were this unneeded, artificial splitting of adventures in to categories without any clear logic. Epic, resource, experience, follow-up, etc. were a common topic in the help channel.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I guess some people just don't respond well to change

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    So now that the adventures are organised into to category's and type. Does this mean now the you are gonna change the loot to represent the difficultly of doing the adv chain and completing Big expensive adv with massive losses, and the loot is just a soggy flannel signed BB.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    It also gave us time to define modifiers supporting additional goals, such as a reward boost for co-op missions.
    I'm afraid the basic "modifier" in this case can't be reflected by skulls/numbers assigned to difficulty level. The co-ops aren't played NOT because of troops losses, number/difficulty of bandit camps. The only in-game factor is a very lousy loot in most of them, the biggest problem, however, is the "nuisance factor" they can have in connection to real life.
    To make the co-ops a viable option, you have to remove the "when player A kills camp X, other 2-3 players can start their game", because if you have to sit and watch the screen for 30 min waiting for some pest to make their first moves, you'll lose your will to play co-ops very quickly.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Wow a nicely written post that actually says... nothing. It reminds me of scientific papers that overanalyze a topic because they really don't have anything useful to add in terms of actual implementation.

I honestly don't care how many skulls has an adventure and what's the type. I never cared even when I was a new player. Soon, you know which adventures deserve to be played and you play them (mainly BK, RB). Later on, you only play VLT and Woodcutter plus their followups. That's all with adventure classifications after month no1. Grind, collect XP.

So, if you want to do something interesting with adventures, rebalance them. If possible make ALL of them interesting to be played by mid-level players at least. You always say how delicate is the rebalancing of adventure rewards. Well, dare to do it! It has long been a stagnant game because of this. Remake rewards and make players reevaluate all their game tactics from start, giving them a challenge.

Or else, all these dev works will sound like theoretical discussion without interest.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Another "great" side effect to this that came out on test server: most popular adventures difficulty ratings were lowered (specially the black knights).
    That means that event resource drops on adventures are now lower. Forever.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The ranking is a bit strange. Bandit Nest, an adventure with 10 camps is ranked with 6 difficulty, whereas Black Knights with double the amount of camps is 5?!?! Does the new change in ranks affects the adventure's wining slots? It would not make sense to downgrade Black Knights. I thought the odds remained the same.

The scull ranking was much cooler too. Numbers are dull.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I suspect the rankings are based on test server environment where everyone has everything.
    Looking forward to noobs rushing easy lvl 5 mission bk with their 3 taverns

World
    Sandycove
    I don't have any problem with the overall changes and I like being able to mouse-over the adventures in the star menu and see the number of players, etc. because I can't remember things sometimes.

I do wonder what happened to the classification of "resource" or "experience" adventure and isn't it the case that some quests specify doing an adventure based on that type of classification? It's been a long time since I've seen such a thing so I might be mistaken.

Other than the ability to see more details from a simple look in the star menu (without having to click on the adventure) is a plus for me - the rest of the change I feel was a sideways shift.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread