Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes - Adventure Classification

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland

[Feedback] Dev Notes - Adventure Classification

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Dev Notes: Adventure Classification below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It took some getting used too, but i must say the new system is way easier to understand, well done

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    What? You have said a lot without actually explaining anything. It looked and worked better, for me anyway the way it was before. From what I did gather from the Dev notes is that it makes it easier for the Dev team and no one else. I don't recall the community asking for the change, it is something that the Dev team had decided to do and now they are trying to make it sound like it is good for everyone. Can't wait for the explaination for the mountain
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.09.17 at 13:50.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    still wondering what you (BB) will do about the quests requering 'Epic, Resource, Experience, Follow-up' or 'gain 10K coins from Epic advs'...

Maybe done with the colours not consistant (star compared with quest book) now

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    still wondering what you (BB) will do about the quests requering 'Epic, Resource, Experience, Follow-up' or 'gain 10K coins from Epic advs'...

Maybe done with the colours not consistant (star compared with quest book) now
    All quest progress should be maintained once the new system is in place. If you would like to err on the side of caution, screenshot your progress before the update goes live next week, and then you can compare it to after the update has been applied. You should see the exact same progression.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    What? You have said a lot without actually explaining anything. It looked and worked better, for me anyway the way it was before. From what I did gather from the Dev notes is that it makes it easier for the Dev team and no one else. I don't recall the community asking for the change, it is something that the Dev team had decided to do and now they are trying to make it sound like it is good for everyone. Can't wait for the explaination for the mountain
    The old system did not make much sense as the skull indicator for difficulty was completely useless, ie. BK and Secluded both 9 skulls. The Epic/Resource etc. splitting also did make not much sense at least how they were chosen to adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by kke2100 View Post
    Most, if not all of them now just say do any adventure.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Glad to see you mention co-op adventures and that rewards are being looked at for them in relation to effort of finding / being held up by other players.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    The old system did not make much sense as the skull indicator for difficulty was completely useless, ie. BK and Secluded both 9 skulls. The Epic/Resource etc. splitting also did make not much sense at least how they were chosen to adventures.
    So why not just change the amount of skulls?

The Cutter adventure is now a 10 and it is easy and quick to complete so it is still completely useless. Yes, some might find it hard but then again some might find BKs hard as well.

Now we have classical and myth adventures etc. Sorry whats that then ???

No need to change something that was not in need of changing. If I had suggested changing the adventure info in the suggestion part of the forum I can tell you now that everyone would of told me that it didn't need changing and that it worked just fine and the Dev team need to work on more important thing etc etc! So lets tell them that.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 15.09.17 at 15:21.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Many thanks for the explanation BB_Saqui. This is something we did not used to get , BB used to often drop things and run

It does make sense. Good job. Looking forward to the results in time.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    So why not just change the amount of skulls?

The Cutter adventure is now a 10 and it is easy and quick to complete so it is still completely useless. Yes, some might find it hard but then again some might find BKs hard as well.
    Because the number system is way more clear and flexible as was explained in the dev diaries. If they add more harder adventures in the future they can just add more numbers instead of readjusting skull count once again.

Now we have classical and myth adventures etc. Sorry whats that then ???

No need to change something that was not in need of changing. If I had suggested changing the adventure info in the suggestion part of the forum I can tell you now that everyone would of told me that it didn't need changing and that it worked just fine and the Dev team need to work on more important thing etc etc! So lets tell them that.
    Did you even read the original dev diary? everything was explained there with examples. There was even a screenshot example of a myth adventure.

Reply to Thread