Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Crisis Quest - The Bandit's Counterattack

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

I thoroughly enjoyed this crisis event, more so than previous ones. I agree with some of the criticism regarding having to make extra high end troops, such as cannoneers and crossbowmen, and would agree that it would have been more sensible to be asked to donate the troops rather than paying weapons.

Having reached stage four with little more than two days to left on the clock, I also understand some of the concerns raised about the prolonged treasure search. I did manage to finish during the final day, but I was somewhat comforted by the fact that it was the last task of the crisis and I had the option to complete that quest with gems had my explorers failed to find enough platinum in time and the stage rewards would cover the cost of the gems spent in doing so. I didn't even consider the option of using gems to speed up my explorers. If you need to spend gems, then it's a far better idea to guarantee success by gemming the whole quest, in my opinion.

Yes, a few elements could have been a little better thought out. However, all in all, I think this was a job well done. Thanks, BlueByte.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I have read almost all the posts to date and find myself broadly in agreement with the majority.

Firstly for us higher lvl players - making xbows cannons etc - that was a real bind as I for one tend not to loose those troops as I carefully husband them so as a result actually have a very low level production chain and hoard numbers over a long period of time, just in case. So making them and then using them + using my strategic reserves to produce troops I don't use very much and certainly don't loose has left me with a huge surplus of unused troops. Guess I'll have to re-sim a few adventures and see how to use them up . . . Though they could have been consumed in stage 4 . . .

The final search (Pt for me) . . . with all timed events, there is always that will I finish or won't I and having to collect something not very common like Pt ore doesn't help. remember though that if the probability is say .5, it doesn't mean that every 2 searches will turn up 1 resource . . . Each search has that individual probability, however it is very noticeable that probability and actual result is altered during events like this. It was very noticeable for example that desirables like Pt and granite seemed to vanish from explorer returns, replaced by our old favourite, exo logs.

So BB, although you create these mini-events as a resource sink just before a main event - and I did enjoy it and the rewards, do in the future remove the random search bit, or if you leave it, don't alter the find probabilities, and if troop production sort it so we can use them up during the event - I mean 300 long bowman, lot of excelsior quests to get rid of them . . .

World
    Northisle
    Indeed

Otherwise it was very nice event much better than all previous crisis. Thx BB.
    Without uncertainty quests like find platinum ore in prolonged search and making xbows/cannons... almost prefect event

Resource sinking np for me. Maybe BB should make more challenging scenarios/events with huge resource sinking with better non resource rewards as xps and special buildings. Because there is still missing something like economic way to get xps and nice special buildings. There is only military atm. Not all players enjoy adventures. Resource sinking scenarios would make game more versatile and more interesting for both, military and economy guys. Now its all about adventuring. Doing adventures directly or indirectly by buying lspots. Same holds for special buildings - eg. frozen manor, no way to get it without paying gems in xmas or playing adventures/ventures. And now we have millions units of unnecessary resources in our storehouses/star menu like granite

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you BB, all pass well, I manage to complete all tasks and I got the reward(s), my Explorers are find the Platinum ore and I have the Event Building, ty all and have gl.

Event was good, because many players were involved in adventures, trading, guild support etc, really well organized and the game runs well too, ty.

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down

These events after reading comments are enjoyable for higher levels who had gem pits and Gold towers or is using their wallet to buy gems for the event. For the rest of us who belong to Level 26-35 and Level 36-45 this is quite impossible to complete unless you are on 24/7 and loads of real cash.
    First of all for example lvls 26-30 has it very hard to accomplish the same as 31-35 and same with 36-40 the quests are extremely hard and imo those levels should not be in the same class.
    This was very badly thought of for lower levels. I gave up and I am lvl 41.
    I got nothing of interest till I finished, so I bought 2 building certificates in vain with gems from Excelsior, my gems vanish just as smoke in the sky, got nothing what made it worth to spend them, I also used some Gems on Explorers.
    I read so much how high levels gain much gems, I didn't gain gems to justify what I had to waste in order to try to finish this event.
    Doing this event made me remember partially why I left 4 years ago, it was after some event what was a screw up for low levels just as this one.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirienna View Post
    These events after reading comments are enjoyable for higher levels who had gem pits and Gold towers or is using their wallet to buy gems for the event. For the rest of us who belong to Level 26-35 and Level 36-45 this is quite impossible to complete unless you are on 24/7 and loads of real cash.
    First of all for example lvls 26-30 has it very hard to accomplish the same as 31-35 and same with 36-40 the quests are extremely hard and imo those levels should not be in the same class.
    This was very badly thought of for lower levels. I gave up and I am lvl 41.
    I got nothing of interest till I finished, so I bought 2 building certificates in vain with gems from Excelsior, my gems vanish just as smoke in the sky, got nothing what made it worth to spend them, I also used some Gems on Explorers.
    I read so much how high levels gain much gems, I didn't gain gems to justify what I had to waste in order to try to finish this event.
    Doing this event made me remember partially why I left 4 years ago, it was after some event what was a screw up for low levels just as this one.
    Sorry you felt that way. I am level 41 on Newfoundland and 42 on Sandycove and managed to complete all the quests on both worlds. Not because I play 24/7 but because I used my time wisely and logged in whan I knew a quest was close to the end. I have no gem pits on either world and gemmed no quests on them at all.. Better luck next time.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    agree with lordloocan1, work smarter not harder
    that said i did only finish without gemming cause i got lucky with the searches in final stage. was 42 at start.

luck based thing in the end is the only place where it can be.
    if its the last thing you can gem finish it and be sure you dont have to use any more gems.
    if it was in the beginning unlucky people would not know if they have to gem anything in the future and might give up or just keep trying normally and be way too late for finishing.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Some player of my guild failed the quest because the last part. Their explorers did not found "the thing" on ...treasure search. And we found that kind of quest outrageous. They played more for the reward, spended rare buffs for it, and the last quest.....they just had no luck?
    Where is that part of the dev diary where it is written: "You need to be lucky to finish the quest chain"?
    One word: disappointment.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldmancs View Post
    Where is that part of the dev diary where it is written: "You need to be lucky to finish the quest chain"?.
    It was certainly written somewhere at some point words to the affect that "some of you may not be able to complete the whole quest", cos I remember reading it and even pointing it out in guild chat. Looks now that this may have been edited out along the line...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    It was certainly written somewhere at some point words to the affect that "some of you may not be able to complete the whole quest", cos I remember reading it and even pointing it out in guild chat. Looks now that this may have been edited out along the line...
    I can assure you that no such line existed in the Dev Diary.

Reply to Thread