Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Crisis Quest - The Bandit's Counterattack

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Having events require planing and hard work is great, but when the final "challenge" is a low probablility event, what fun and challenge there was in the other quests of the event looses it's apeal. In fact I'll go as far as saying it killed the enjoyment of the whole thing. If I wanted that sort of "excitment" I would be playing the lottery, not a strategy game.
    To me there will be no sence of achivement in completing the event, if I'm not lucky and my explorers bring back the needed resources, I'll use the gems to get the final reward, in either case it will be as exciting as buying a pair of socks.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I've enjoyed the event in all it's aspects appart from the last resource hunt. Have to agree with others that this is a bit dumb, boring and meaningless. I have sent everything I have to that task, so far 6 came back with nothing. The only positive about it is that it comes as the last task, not in the middle which would really ruin it, and that gems needed to complete this task if resource is not found in time is given back by the quest itself. In fact enough gems was awarded by previous quests already so in this respect it's "fair deal". Still, "forced" gems spending caused by sheer stupidity of a task dependent on the "mood" of pseudo random engine is not on my list of appreciated activities. Appart from this last bit it was really enjoyable event. I liked everything including having to build some extra facilities to fit the tasks around my RL schedule and of course will like the final rewards when i get them. In general, well done, BB, keep such things comming from time to time.

EDIT: Went to check wiki for chances and amount and found out you actually need two succesfull searches to complete the task. Which makes the dumb thing even dumber.

EDIT 2: Six of my hard working explorers just came home, two bringing their luck in. Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 24.09.17 at 03:39.

World
    Sandycove
    Had loads of fun thank you BB ... I would love love love to see more of these between major events in the future

World
    Newfoundland
    I think these type of quests are fabulous. They pump motivation back in to the game. People love a challenge. I also don't think the prizes necessarily have to always be big and wonderful as nice as that is. I know our guild has certainly been busy again. Well done.

World
    Sandycove
    Just to echo the positive comments here; I also agree that quests like these break the monotony of the xp grind for many. And keeping players logged in has benefits of more interaction, trade and chat which can only be good for the game.

For those who want no part in the quest, hide it in your quest book and ignore it.

Many thanks for this diversion BB, however brief. It certainly had a positive effect for me
    Last edited by Thejollyone; 24.09.17 at 11:58.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks for the event BB, I enjoyed it and would like to see more of them between the main seasonal events. Also pleased to see it shaken up with different requirements from previous crisis quests

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddingtonUK View Post
    10 Prolonged treasure searches over 2 days without any Platinum ore. Only able to do 8 more before time runs out and dont have the gems to speed it up as i have just bought Nusala this week.
    Really enjoyed the crisis quest but a shame for it to end with something down to pure chance.
    By the end i will have spent more time on the last part than the rest put together.
    14 done now with no luck - got 3 more finishing today and 5 more finishing tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed as i am out of gems

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Really great job. I found the last one a bit to straight forward and easy, but this one is really fun to do. Lot of different stuff not only produce! And nice choice of rewards, even a demo crew nice!

Will only have a complaint if the explorers don't bring back plat ore during the prolonged threasure search.... Not sure if thats the greatest idear to make it drop chance dependant for a 72h search ..... Wiki says its 30 (and not the 50 you need) with 13.9% chance so you statisticly you need over 14 explorer searches. No idear how i am suppossed to do that.... And than you can always be not lucky and need a lot more...

It would be the first time in over 1 year of playing where i have to spend gems to enjoy the content. Normaly you spend it to make your live easyer but having to spend it to do a quest is really something different.....
    Last edited by Aliblabla; 24.09.17 at 11:48.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments on the Crisis Quest - The Bandit's Counterattack below.

The original post can be found here.

Happy commenting!
    BB_Saqui
    To be Honest these quests came out of the Blue (To me at least) and it was the best thing that happened in the game in a long long time. The fact that it was unannounced in my opinion helped make it exciting..... It was also tough at stages but yet obtainable so that made it fun. Well done to everyone who had anything to do with this

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Many thanks for this unexpected fun Hope we will get those more often between usual events ... Well done BB !

Reply to Thread