Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Non- Tradable Buildings

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    BB is working very hard to make this a single player game.
    Used to be you needed others to swap buffs - now we have so many new and more availability of old buffs swapping is completely optional.
    New more effective buildings and quantity of old buildings mean there is no more trade for resources needed.
    Most of new adventures are single player - probably because they are fighting lootspots.
    Hardly any player interaction needed anymore.
    This is a social game that they are effectively taking the social out of.
    As a single player game this is not so good. No reason to stick around if they succeed.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Disagree with post #1.

I fail to see how this will make the game more enjoyable and thus would prefer gamemakers to spend their energy on other things. Simply having "more" will not improve my gameplay experience, quite the opposite... the more people are able to buy things immediately (with gems or in other ways), the less you need to work for it, the less reason there is to play this game in the first place.. A large part of this game is about managing a limited amount of resources to grow after all...
    Lately so much "super-content" is being added to speed the game up and BB cant keep up with providing enough sink-holes for us to continue enjoy spending resources.

A second part is what SSSecretSquirrel said... the more "super-content" (more advanced buffs/buildings) are added, the lower the need becomes for players to interact, which to me was one of the parts that attracted me to the game all those years ago... a game where people cooperate instead of fight.. sad development.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post
    Good news everyone:

Acording to the Change log for 17.10.2017
    This change is actually a bug fix. Some players who earned Village Schools from events had their shop limit reduced. Now they will be able to buy Village Schools up to the normal limit in addition to the ones they earned from events.

EDIT: thank you for editing your post accordingly.
    Last edited by BB_Saqui; 03.10.17 at 11:08.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Do I think it is fair for all the Recyclers, Floating Residences and Village Schools to be made available to those players that missed them for gems?

Well, speaking as someone who has missed at least one event's worth of each of those buildings, no I don't think it is fair on those that have remained dedicated through the years. I am not about to engage in any debate about this. I have read the arguments for and against and formed my own opinion.

However, I would concede that there is such a difference now between the numbers of these limited buildings that are available to new players and players that have been playing for several years that perhaps some increase in the limit would be in order for newer players. Perhaps something in the order of one building per relevant event missed. So, for example, someone who had missed two Easter events, but only one Halloween and one Christmas would have their limit on Floating Residences available for gems raised by 2, but only by 1 each for Recyclers and Schools. I would think that this should be relatively easy to calculate from any given player's start date.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i feel this is a great idea and looking forward to it being implemented

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Thumbs up for this idea.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    So do you always want to be able to purchase the football trophies, settlers headquarters, Easter egg house etc? Having these is not a case of some having been able to gain more than others, it is simply a mark of them having played for 4/5/6... years.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    For the 3 buildings suggested I'll support the idea, it would no doubt raise some income for BB. However a line would have to be drawn and unique stuff like settlers HQ, Easter egg house and Spacious storehouse should remain unobtainable unless you participated in that event.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do I want more floating res...well sure...Is it fair on people who have played for 5 years for me to just buy extra ones? Well not really,so although i'd love everything ever from all events,it's just not realistic so -1 for me.

Reply to Thread