Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Non- Tradable Buildings

  1. #41
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    70
    World
    Sandycove
    I believe when people are saying it will break / upset trade, they mean that players who previously purchased coal, bread etc through trade will no longer need to do so. Whilst this makes it fairer (in your eyes) for the newer players. it takes away a form of income for the longer term players - and why should they be punished (in their eyes) in that way?

    Personally, I do not like the idea. I work hard in events trading, adventuring, questing in order to be able to purchase all the items from an event shop. Why is it fair that someone who does not put in the effort (for whatever reason) be able to glean the same rewards? Equally, I have not been on Settlers from the beginning, and do not have the maximum number of all these buildings. Why should I? The fact that there are others around me with more recyclers, schools, floating towers, gold towers etc does not seem unjust to me. It is their reward for their devotion to the game, and i don't begrudge them a single building.

    It's rather like expecting to be able to walk into a job and secure the best position and the best pay - you don't. You have to work for rewards in life.

  2. #42
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    288
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    One issue with the game is that some see it as ''unfair'' that others have items from old events that the do not have. So, what next, people will ask for items from previous events to be in store too? Football award, golem award, the tower in the current event etc etc. Sorry but you have what you have due to the point at which you joined the game, no more no less than that.
    Already answered throught a question

    • Q. Do you think it will be fair for those who played for more then 5 years to get this items and now the new players and old as well could buy them with gems?
    • A. Yes i think is fair. They will never have the oportunity to get the Special Buildings like: The Easter Baskets 2015, Watchtower 2017, Spacious Storehouse 2016, University 2017 and many other special buildings or decoration.
      Recyclers Manufactory, Floating Residences, Village Schools are NOT Special buildings.


    Quote Originally Posted by Melhmqn View Post
    I believe when people are saying it will break / upset trade, they mean that players who previously purchased coal, bread etc through trade will no longer need to do so. Whilst this makes it fairer (in your eyes) for the newer players. it takes away a form of income for the longer term players - and why should they be punished (in their eyes) in that way?

    Personally, I do not like the idea. I work hard in events trading, adventuring, questing in order to be able to purchase all the items from an event shop. Why is it fair that someone who does not put in the effort (for whatever reason) be able to glean the same rewards? Equally, I have not been on Settlers from the beginning, and do not have the maximum number of all these buildings. Why should I? The fact that there are others around me with more recyclers, schools, floating towers, gold towers etc does not seem unjust to me. It is their reward for their devotion to the game, and i don't begrudge them a single building.

    It's rather like expecting to be able to walk into a job and secure the best position and the best pay - you don't. You have to work for rewards in life.
    Hi Melhmqn and thank you for the feedback

    • You will have to understand that is not only helping new players and old players to get this items...is going to help BB as well to keep this game alive.
    • Most of the people who already have them (old players with high level island) they dont even spend money on buying gems anymore.
    • I know for a fact that if this idea goes live even the players who left a negative feedback are going to the shop and buy them....


    • Q. Do you think it will be fair for those who played for more then 5 years to get this items and now the new players and old as well could buy them with gems?
    • A. Yes i think is fair. They will never have the oportunity to get the Special Buildings like: The Easter Baskets 2015, Watchtower 2017, Spacious Storehouse 2016, University 2017 and many other special buildings or decoration.
      Recyclers Manufactory, Floating Residences, Village Schools are NOT Special buildings.
    Last edited by IndianKid; 24.09.17 at 13:05.

  3. #43
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    79
    World
    Sandycove
    It's a very good idea, I would definitely spend gems to get 9 more floating res and 4 more recycling manuf as I began playing after the 2014 easter event , but I'm less interested by the schools since we got the University on last event

  4. #44
    Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer fishslice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    676
    World
    Newfoundland
    IndianKid - No I still don't think its fair. Just restating your point after every other post doesn't make it a fact. Some think it fair, others don't and I'm sure many others wont care either way as they will never buy gems. That is everyones prerogative.

    Regarding my earlier post I didn't state it would collapse the entire economic system. I said trade could collapse even further. Not quite as drastic as your words but still a relevant point.

    Regarding your point about the items are already in game so it won't impact the economy aspect of the game you appear to ignore certain elements of limited items. When BB introduce limited event items into the game they don't expect all players to be able to get all items. This may be down to players playing style, frequency and duration of visit, in-game level, their existing economy, desire to trade, a member of a large supporting guild, amount of real money (if any) they will spend on gems etc. So BB will have done done the maths that says introducing this item in limited numbers to a limited group wont impact the game. It may excite players and drive up demand for them so that at times, introducing the item limited or otherwise in the shop afterwards (as they already have done) is a good commercial decision for them. As such I think the balance that BB have introduced of allowing players to buy many of the items already is a good one but shouldn't be taken to excess.

    On the wider aspect of BB selling more gems, I imagine that since the crystals have been introduced, BB gem based revenue has been higher than at any time in the past.

  5. #45
    Quartermaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    288
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi fish and thank you for your feedback.

    I understand your point of view and will leave it at that. Now its time for other people to share their feelings about this idea.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by IndianKid; 24.09.17 at 14:16.

  6. #46
    Veteran Communicator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    798
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think floating residences would have any impact to the game if everyone could buy all the missing ones so I don't see a problem there other than it would possible make some of the people who have attended every single event a bit angry. However allowing to buy all previous schools and recyclers would have a significant impact to the overall game economy.

    Bakery and coking production chains are one of the biggest ones in the game in terms of required buildings and thus space. I don't own all the schools but I'm already almost at the point that bread (settlers) are pretty much completely useless to me due max lvl schools, uni, default settler income. It's also hard for me to sell the excess bread because the demand is low and value has dropped to its lowest ever at least on our server. Now Halloween is bringing us even more schools and even improved bakeries and Christmas more recyclers and possibly a school in the calendar.

    Even if it would bring BB some extra money as gem sales it will also reduce the demand on other areas. A lot of the purchasers would probably be gem pitters who do not actually put any money to the game anymore as the gems begin to flow incrementally as you get your first pit.

    Here is a short summary of some of the things that quickly comes to my mind:

    - long time players would lose some of their "benefit" from being there for the events just for the limited items
    - calendar choices lose the value as it would not matter if you previously or in future picked the school or the residence as you could get both later anyways
    - big impact to the players island economy balance due able to use the bakery/coking chain space and licenses to other chains and be more self sustained (= no need to buy, just sell)
    - significant impact to trade as coal and bread value would drop a lot due less demand and at the same time devalue other resources too (previous point of other chains)
    - i think in general this would take a lot away from from the core gameplay of efficiently trying to use your island space and balance economy as bread chain takes the most of space and coal is required by multiple other buildings
    - i also don't think this is change would not be really that comparable to the general/specialist limit change in the merchant as using them require a lot more effort from the player while the island production runs alone

    Based on what I've seen from the beginning till today I think the player retention is pretty low in this game and there are not that many old players owning every possible building as many have quit the game and not everyone bothered to play the game constantly which is something that also BB has taken in account from balance stand. I'm not really that much against the suggestion but I think it will the mess the game more and make it even harder for the new players to survive in the trade.

  7. #47
    Original Serf
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post

    • I know for a fact that if this idea goes live even the players who left a negative feedback are going to the shop and buy them....
    This isn't the first time you mistake your own fantasy/opinion for a fact.

    It may come as a surprice, but there are enought players out there who CAN manage a balanced economy without buying all those buildings. I won't state it as being a fact but I assume you managed to build an economy thats totaly unbalanced and you want BB to sell the missing recyclers in the store to help you fix the problem.

  8. #48
    Erudite Pioneer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with fishslice. So sorry, but -1 from me.

  9. #49
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,150
    World
    Northisle
    Seems to me the originator of the thread has ideas fixed in concrete and cannot see/chooses not to see other viewpoints. Will add no more to thread as it lacks direction.

  10. #50
    Nifty
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    70
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianKid View Post
    Hi Melhmqn and thank you for the feedback

    You will have to understand that is not only helping new players and old players to get this items...is going to help BB as well to keep this game alive.
    An old player will already have the items, so it will not help them to get the items. It will instead remove an advantage they have earnt through commitment and dedication to TSO.
    Giving a new player the opportunity to purchase all these items may help them fill their island, but will remove the sense of achievement in working hard to gain reward, and the satisfaction in balancing their economy the way everyone started.
    There are other ways to keep the game alive.

    Most of the people who already have them (old players with high level island) they dont even spend money on buying gems anymore.
    Where is the proof of this? I believe gem-payers are gem payers, whether old or new players. If you are the sort of person who spends money to play, surely you keep paying for premium and new content?
    I know for a fact that if this idea goes live even the players who left a negative feedback are going to the shop and buy them....
    That would be jolly clever of them if they already had the maximum number of buildings… Your “belief” is not a “fact.” Yes, some people who do not like the idea will go ahead anyway and buy the buildings given the chance, as they don’t want to be left behind newer players, but that doesn’t mean they would rather NOT have the chance to start with.
    Q. Do you think it will be fair for those who played for more then 5 years to get this items and now the new players and old as well could buy them with gems?
    A. Yes i think is fair. They will never have the oportunity to get the Special Buildings like: The Easter Baskets 2015, Watchtower 2017, Spacious Storehouse 2016, University 2017 and many other special buildings or decoration.
    Recyclers Manufactory, Floating Residences, Village Schools are NOT Special buildings.
    I did not ask this, and have already read this statement from you several times. What I said was that I didn’t like the idea, and why was it fair? I do not care if they are “special” or “limited” or “restricted” buildings. Whatever you chose to call them, they are buildings that long term and dedicated players have earned the right to own more of than others have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melhmqn View Post
    Personally, I do not like the idea. I work hard in events trading, adventuring, questing in order to be able to purchase all the items from an event shop. Why is it fair that someone who does not put in the effort (for whatever reason) be able to glean the same rewards? Equally, I have not been on Settlers from the beginning, and do not have the maximum number of all these buildings. Why should I? The fact that there are others around me with more recyclers, schools, floating towers, gold towers etc does not seem unjust to me. It is their reward for their devotion to the game, and i don't begrudge them a single building.

    It's rather like expecting to be able to walk into a job and secure the best position and the best pay - you don't. You have to work for rewards in life.
    Last edited by Melhmqn; 25.09.17 at 03:25. Reason: Close a bracket.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.