Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek - Guild Market Vote

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    It's just a mock-up screen everyone - they clearly stated that. What is shown is not going to be the actual offers and/or the actual prices. There is no point in criticizing or suggesting anything. The are only demonstrating the UI
    Yes there absolutely is! All this has been suggested for literally years and no notice has been taken by BB. As a rule BB changes stuff rarely and then leaves it for years without any change whatever the feedback. So if something is changing it is the only time to have a chance of feedback being noticed.

(I should go and edit my post in another thread about how BB is making this game single player adding "Belonging in a guild is now pointless: there are no items worthy of repeat purchasing in guild market.")

About the changing vote for gems: seems like every new feature having a gem component is a requirement for starting development. Changing vote for gems is a luxury: you dont need it to make use of the feature. This is a good choice by BB to put the gem component there.

About guild market rewards being available to only people in guilds: move the guild market from merchant to the new guild voting page.
    BB has said it themselves that its easier for them to conduct voting ingame. Now they have interface with buttons icons and prices in guild page. How hard could it be to add the function to click, confirm, subtract cost and add item? All in one place.
    Last edited by SSSecretSquirrel; 28.09.17 at 08:18.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    one thing that also needs to change in my opinion is the option to get guild coins on trade and from rarity searches, guild coins should be guild quest reward only. and not available to people not in a guild.
    good points I think, but maybe still allow guildcoins trading (or gifting) between members, so we can still lend/give coins to newer members for the limited big ticket items from shop.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Please stay on topic guys - this thread is purely for feedback on the functionality and aesthetic of the new Guild Market Vote system. Anything else will be moderated as to not derail the thread.

And for a third reminder: the prices and items on the Test Server in no way reflect what will be the case on live servers. The cost and item choice should be disregarded.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Not really a lot of change here is there tbh. All BB have done is bring the vote ''in-house'' so as to save the cost of an external agency counting the votes.

I think the idea of using gems to change your mind is unnecessary and will be very very little used, if at all on live server.

It is a shame that the illustrative figures BB have used on test server are also illustrative of the sort of daft prices we have had now and in the past. Not holding my breath that the figures will be any better on live server. Yes, BB have said several times on the thread that the prices and items MAY not reflect what goes live but equally they might.....

Could we have added to the vote some indication of how many of any building we can buy? Is it 1/2/3 watermills, deerstalkers etc or just fixed at a single item?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Could we have added to the vote some indication of how many of any building we can buy? Is it 1/2/3 watermills, deerstalkers etc or just fixed at a single item?
    Considering on topic feedback... this part is important for decision making. Good thinking pointing that out lordloocan! Perhaps it could be / is in a mouse-over information?

Honestly .. IF (and thats a big if) the guild market develops into something more interesting, I might even consider paying a LOW amount of gems for the first vote, not just "changing my mind". That one will in my opinion never be used.

As mentioned before, the way the guild vote looks - as suggested or as before, makes little difference to game experience I think. The contents & pricing on the other hand do however, and theyre just not balanced. Would prefer BB asking feedback/input regarding that issue, which has been complained about many times in other parts of the forum...

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Not really a lot of change here is there tbh. All BB have done is bring the vote ''in-house'' so as to save the cost of an external agency counting the votes.
    Also just to avoid misinformation, we still counted the votes ourselves in-house. What we're doing is bringing the voting platform in-game to make it easier for you guys.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    No "None of the above"?

How else are we supposed to say the choices are bad and you should feel bad.

That better not be the choices we get on live server. Storm Recovery? I don't care if it costs one fish, you seriously need to hire someone who cares about the game and the players or you will keep losing players. I can't see a single thing I want in guild market on test server. This is very much more important than how the actual vote works.
    I agree, there would better be a "None of the above"-option or people will in great numbers rage forum.

Now see my signature for what you should have implemented years ago. Literally years ago.

t00t t00t
    We still need "Move to top/bottom" and "Cancel all" for all long queues
    Not really, just "Move to top".
    There's no need of "Move to bottom" - just delete and reorder - and due to heavy server load "Cancel all" will never be an option.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    Also just to avoid misinformation, we still counted the votes ourselves in-house. What we're doing is bringing the voting platform in-game to make it easier for you guys.
    Cheers for clarifying that.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Re prices:

I suspect players would quite willingly pay more guild coins for the ''lead item'' be it a deerstalker, watermill or whatever building as they are generally under-priced by a long way compared to the market value in normal coins. Could probably double what is on the examples on test and people would still buy them.

Could then counter balance that by making the prices of the other items in line with market values.

Certainly for lower level players gold coins can be hard to come by and guild coins give them a currency they can get daily and so can then buy adventures with them. If BB got these prices in line with what it costs to buy wots, bk etc for gold coins then I reckon it would be job done.

World
    Newfoundland
    I like it. Suppose you do not like the items and only pick 4 out of 8 or whatever. Is this counted as a none vote ? Or just an opportunity to have a say wasted?

Reply to Thread