Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: geologist and granite issue

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

geologist and granite issue

Hi

I wonder if it's a general problem or just me having an issue with my geologists only approx 55% of the time finds depleted granite deposits? Often have to research 2-3 times for same deposit.... any else?

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I dont seem to have any problems finding granite or any other deposits. As the geo's should find any depleted deposits of any avaliable within that search so i presume it some kind of bug for you, although i will now check to make sure and it not something ive just missed, ty for the heads up tho

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I have not noticed a problem with mine. When i send mine out for marble for example I do not normally count how many Geologists I send. I select a few and if none come back with a cry of disappointment I will send out a couple more. From my experience i would say that there is 100% success rate providing there is a deposit to be found.

Granite is a long search and the thought of them not finding a deposit even though there is one to be found is not really something I would expect to see in this game. Why should it be random or a gamble? I am testing mine now.

World
    Northisle
    I have to say I've never experience a problem of this kind on any of my searches. I think I would certainly notice with granite. Just lucky I guess. Obviously I have occasionally sent an explorer out a couple of minutes too early and it's returned while there is still one or two ores left in the deposit I'm hoping to refill. That's annoying with granite, but my fault. I do use Jolly Geologist for granite almost exclusively, so that may affect my experience.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    Obviously I have occasionally sent an explorer out a couple of minutes too early and it's returned while there is still one or two ores left in the deposit I'm hoping to refill. That's annoying with granite, but my fault. I do use Jolly Geologist for granite almost exclusively, so that may affect my experience.
    Deposit statuses seem to be refreshed periodically, every something like 15-20 mins (not sure about the details but based on personal experience).

The safe spot seems to be 30+ minutes, at least back when I still bothered checking that it has never failed me. So for granite and any premium geologist, send the guy when there is approx 3,5 hours left on the deposit, not more.

Gets kind of complicated when you have 2+ masons close to the deposit, considering you cant control which deposits they use and how fast a particular one depletes.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Are you sure that during the search (which is long) no other deposits become depleted? Your geo(s) could be finding those other deposits first, and you'd have to resend them.
    What type of geologists are you using? Slow (Tavern, concientious), fast, skilled super-fast?
    Anyway, no problems for me.

World
    Sandycove
    i am using jolly geos for this search, i only just cleared half the archi, so i have 5 - 6 deposits now, my geos are completely unskilled, so no refilling old deposits,
    but i am guessing you are not talking about the "nature gift" skill, you having trouble finding deposits normally, wich should have 100% chance to be honest!
    for me if i have a depleted granite deposit spot and i send a geo it allways finds his granite deposit..
    i find it odd that you cant find yours!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Mostly don't seem to be having much of a problem with not finding deposits, not high enough to send for granite deposits as yet but hopefully when I get there it won't be a problem

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I am not finding an issue in finding any of my deposits including Granite, hope you get this issue sorted as with any issue its very frustrating.

World
    Northisle
    I don't have any problems finding granite deposits. I seem to remember when they originally became findable, they didn't find them all at once and I had to send them several times till they found them all. Now if I let a granite deposit run out, which I try not to do, they always find it first time. As they do every other depleted deposit of any kind.

The only elusive deposit is the extra marble one in sector 1/9 which refuses to be found at the moment, but I believe this is because the extra iron one has been found and has a sleeping mine sitting on it.

Would be very unfortunate if you are the only one plagued by this bug.

Reply to Thread