Yeah, that's a great catchphrase! XD

Here's how she looks on testserver:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Northisle
    So... we can get 2 rph now? Or is it just a test server thing?

The general... well yeh great for low levels after.... not many use... at least she should have been 250 units. And since she already has the speed buff she probably can't be used in blocks... or maybe she can... Still for now i'm not very happy with her. The barracks looks good thouhg
    Last edited by Fanfas; 06.10.17 at 23:25.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    So... we can get 2 rph now? Or is it just a test server thing?

The general... well yeh great for low levels after.... not many use... at least she should have been 250 units. And since she already has the speed buff she probably can't be used in blocks... or maybe she can... Still for now i'm not very happy with her. The barracks looks good thouhg
    It's a test server peculiarity brought about by the need that to test the buying of the rph you can despite the fact the prebuilt island already has one, in the past it has been noticed that the 2nd one does not work if brought. It's nothing more than like the fact the prebuilt can and has done in the past had more of the limited buildings to aid testing than is allowed on the live servers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Mampf
    What makes Anslem a great general is the fact that he saves troops. Saving troops, however, is just a means for playing more adventures and not an end itself.

With x losses, Anslem generate y XP.

Mary is very similar to Anslem: With approximately 2x losses, she generates approximately 2y XP.

Thus, I do not see a need to increase her unit capacity. In my judgement, she is already very powerful: Basically, she achieves the same goal as Anslem, although she does it in a different way.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mampf View Post
    What makes Anslem a great general is the fact that he saves troops. Saving troops, however, is just a means for playing more adventures and not an end itself.

With x losses, Anslem generate y XP.

Mary is very similar to Anslem: With approximately 2x losses, she generates approximately 2y XP.

Thus, I do not see a need to increase her unit capacity. In my judgement, she is already very powerful: Basically, she achieves the same goal as Anslem, although she does it in a different way.

Your statement makes no sense... Anslem does not need units because he has a huge base damage which she does not... and also skills that affect the enemy units.... which she also does not. she is just like any other fast general that gives 2 times the exp the others do. And is faster moving. My question to you is... how much times do you attack with lets say a Grim? or a BHG? they don't have any chances against most camps on FT and Arabian adventures.

At best you can use her to make 1 or 2 suicides per adventure...

I keep my point, she is great for low levels to start doing easy adventures, she will boost the exp they get, but for anyone above 50 probably even less she is pretty much just a suicide 1 time general or carrier of troops. At least last year with the champions BB gave all range of players a usefull general.
    Last edited by Fanfas; 07.10.17 at 14:28.

Mampf
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    Your statement makes no sense... Anslem does not need units because he has a huge base damage which she does not... and also skills that affect the enemy units.... which she also does not. she is just like any other fast general that gives 2 times the exp the others do. And is faster moving. My question to you is... how much times do you attack with lets say a Grim? or a BHG? they don't have any chances against most camps on FT and Arabian adventures.

At best you can use her to make 1 or 2 suicides per adventure...

I keep my point, she is great for low levels to start doing easy adventures, she will boost the exp they get, but for anyone above 50 probably even less she is pretty much just a suicide 1 time general or carrier of troops. At least last year with the champions BB gave all range of players a usefull general.
    Well, I am correct for 1001-adventures, at least ^^

Let's take a camp in "Treasure of Wisdom" (120 Horsemen, 100 Mt. Bowmen, 1 Treacherous Thief). Anslem defeats the camp with average losses of 27 MSM and 43 Knights and generates 6640 * 1,3 XP. Mary defeats the camp with average losses of 48,19 MSM and 78,28 Knights and generates 6640 * 2,3 XP (assuming Fast Learner 3 and Bounty Hunter).

Per time unit required (27 + 43*2/3 resp. 48,19 + 78,28*2/3) to rebuild the losses, Anslem generates 155 XP and Mary 152 XP, which means that in this case, her efficiency (to transform troops into XP) is 98,11 % of that of Anslem.

You can simulate different camps in Woodcutter, Thieves, Treasure of Knowledge, and Oillamp, the results will pretty often be nearly the same.

And of course I wouldn't use a "normal" fast general, basically because he only be half as efficient as Mary or Anslem ^^

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mampf View Post
    You can simulate different camps in Woodcutter, Thieves, Treasure of Knowledge, and Oillamp, the results will pretty often be nearly the same.
    Only on camps that are mechanically easy enough to be killed by Mary with no drawbacks.

The advantage of Anslem is that despite his low capacity, his trait reduces the amount of frontline units needed, so it makes more space for the DPS, which partially compensates the capacity disadvantage (and allows similar results to major in many cases). Mary does not have any similar mechanics, so she is just a 200 cap general. You find camps easy enough for a 200 cap general - she will be good, for all the others she will not.

World
    Sandycove
    That's why she need 250 units to surpass her status of novelty glorified 200 recruits/bowmen suicide general.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Is Mary's double XP only from a camp actually killed or from the whole sector, all remaining camps (if it's a last leader of the sector)?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Love that there is a new female general, but I am not a fan of her avatar. Very hard to see as she seems to be smaller than every other General but is that a santa hat she is wearing on her right ear?

Reply to Thread