Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek - Christmas Event 2017

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Perhaps I won't 'push' as hard on this one because there is less that I need than some other events, but that's ok because it is Christmas and there will be other things to think about.
    Completely agree! I'm very happy there aren't that many things I'm going to have to strive for. And we'll get lots of stuff for free in the advent calendar. It'll probably be just perfect for a christmas with other things to do.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    BB has to think of all players at all levels - not just you.
    All players levels means all players levels, with him (her?) and me included, not just lower levels.

Another thing is, thinking about all player levels, it would make sense to give the players that are low levels now some incentive to become high levels, wouldnt it ? And right now, given the fact that you can see a mile ahead that the game pretty much ends at lvl 63 for everyone, there isnt much incentive to allocate much time playing it.

Being the bitter person that I am, I would say this gives more incentive to quit sooner, while one still hasnt wasted years of his/her life playing a game with no future
    Last edited by sparkz; 28.11.17 at 09:59.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    And right now, given the fact that you can see a mile ahead that the game pretty much ends at lvl 63 for everyone, there isnt much incentive to allocate much time playing it.
    I am curious as to why you have this opinion?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    You hit level 63 and get the last new thing until level 70. I have just made level 64 and woohoo, nothing new just a mere 22million xp to grind to next level with hmmm nothing new and repeat until level 70 - that's why. (22million/140k per ywc without prem = Just 157 ywc to go to level 64, lol)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by amazola View Post
    Lvl 60 is where you unlock the last building that is really useful. By 63 you unlock 2 more mines that are less useful in comparison (since the limited demand for the resources they produce). By this level you also have all the Excelsior options unlocked.

The next thing to unlock is the adventurer at lvl 70, which really brings nothing new to the table other than recycling the quests you already had at lower level, in exchange for an (arguably) valuable resource. And that is it.

Now the irony is given the exp rates for the levels rise exponentially it means that :

- you have unlocked all the buildings and adventures by lvl 63 which is 7% of the maximum exp you can get
    - lvl 70 for the pathfinder is around 30% of the maximum exp

So, based on the information about the content & the levelling that is available to everyone you can, even on lower levels, see, that what you can expect later on is 2 big holes where there is no content, only exp grind, and those holes put together make up a total of 93% of the game until lvl 75.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Lvl 60 is where you unlock the last building that is really useful. By 63 you unlock 2 more mines that are less useful in comparison (since the limited demand for the resources they produce). By this level you also have all the Excelsior options unlocked.

The next thing to unlock is the adventurer at lvl 70, which really brings nothing new to the table other than recycling the quests you already had at lower level, in exchange for an (arguably) valuable resource. And that is it.

Now the irony is given the exp rates for the levels rise exponentially it means that :

- you have unlocked all the buildings and adventures by lvl 63 which is 7% of the maximum exp you can get
    - lvl 70 for the pathfinder is around 30% of the maximum exp

So, based on the information about the content & the levelling that is available to everyone you can, even on lower levels, see, that what you can expect later on is 2 big holes where there is no content, only exp grind, and those holes put together make up a total of 93% of the game until lvl 75.
    you all seem to be forgetting the new content that is coming for lvls 65+ as mentioned here:
    forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/35453-Community-Day-Recap-2017

A very, very short overview:
    From lvl65, there will be a new campaign added to the excelsior, called the Mountain Clan. With new enemies, debuffs, dynamic quests and fog mechanics.
    It will lead to the reward of an Epic Forge which will combine smelters and weaponsmiths. It includes bronze, iron, steel, titanium and platinum production chains. All 10 production chains will have 5 upgrades, which you can get via blueprints from the campaign.
    There will also be New Buildings:
    Smokehouse
    Meadhall
    Stronghold Ruins
    There will also be some new buffs:
    Fish steak similar to grilled steak
    Obsidian Horseshoes, which are more powerful than platinum horseshoes and will be found as loot on the campaign/Excelsior

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    you all seem to be forgetting the new content that is coming for lvls 65+ as mentioned here:

A very, very short overview:
    From lvl65, there will be a new campaign added to the excelsior, called the Mountain Clan. With new enemies, debuffs, dynamic quests and fog mechanics.
    It will lead to the reward of an Epic Forge which will combine smelters and weaponsmiths. It includes bronze, iron, steel, titanium and platinum production chains. All 10 production chains will have 5 upgrades, which you can get via blueprints from the campaign.
    Appreciate the info, I somehow missed it.

Still, it doesnt change much in what I said in the last post, considering it barely covers any of the 93% I mentioned

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    if they think they can cover 63-70 with one campaign they need to think again

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    All I can say is there's no way I'm going near lvl 75, I believe you need one billion more xp from lvl 63 to 75, so even if you could do one million xp per day it would take one thousand days, but in reality I think even 500 thousand per day would be a push, so two thousand days non stop, that's over 5 years, I doubt the game will even be here in 5 years, and can anyone explain to me how anyone is already lvl 75?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the event even though I'm not aiming higher than lvl 63, pity it's not still on the test server

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    this content is in pre-alfa, so could be a year before we get it

Reply to Thread