Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek - Christmas Event 2017

  1. #31
    Community Manager
    Ruler of the Land BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,755
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazony View Post
    Can we see a dev diary regarding the halloween event? I mean there is less then a week till event start.
    Please keep feedback related to the original topic - in this case, the Christmas Event Sneak Peek!

    As for your question, keep an eye on our homepage and social media *this week*.

  2. #32
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8
    World
    Newfoundland
    When is Christmas Event? i missed th eSanta on Last year im tapping my fingers waiting for him to come to get it done

  3. #33
    Community Manager
    Ruler of the Land BB_Saqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,755
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
    When is Christmas Event? i missed th eSanta on Last year im tapping my fingers waiting for him to come to get it done
    Soon™!

  4. #34
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    973
    World
    Sandycove
    To say I'm disappointed with the upcoming Xmas event is probably the understatement of the year. It really doesn't offer much to me as a player of some years, plenty of stuff I can sell off perhaps but that doesn't motivate me. No new building to collect and free up some space, a general that is quite nice when skilled but I doubt I will be doing that anytime soon as I'd have to alter guides and use books that are better off elsewhere. No new recipe for RPH as far as I know.

    This leaves me and I should imagine many other players buying grout, flooding the market and killing off another commodity's value in the TO.

    Probably to late for BB to alter the event now but please put a new Improved building into the event or something other than grout to buy possibly an adventure or even convert presents to star coins in prov house.

  5. #35
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cotswolds in UK
    Posts
    1,438
    World
    Northisle
    Please, no more improved buildings, soon will all be x3 manufacturers and level 6. Takes all the economy challenge out of the game.

  6. #36
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    To say I'm disappointed with the upcoming Xmas event is probably the understatement of the year. It really doesn't offer much to me as a player of some years, plenty of stuff I can sell off perhaps but that doesn't motivate me. No new building to collect and free up some space, a general that is quite nice when skilled but I doubt I will be doing that anytime soon as I'd have to alter guides and use books that are better off elsewhere. No new recipe for RPH as far as I know.

    This leaves me and I should imagine many other players buying grout, flooding the market and killing off another commodity's value in the TO.

    Probably to late for BB to alter the event now but please put a new Improved building into the event or something other than grout to buy possibly an adventure or even convert presents to star coins in prov house.
    Not everyone has the same buildings. Think of others at different stages of the game. And depending upon a person's play style there might be many buildings that would interest them that don't interest you. BB has to think of all players at all levels - not just you.

    I'm looking forward to the new general if nothing else - the first 'must buy' imho, and if you don't want yours send me the presents to get mine please.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  7. #37
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    973
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Not everyone has the same buildings. Think of others at different stages of the game. And depending upon a person's play style there might be many buildings that would interest them that don't interest you. BB has to think of all players at all levels - not just you.

    I'm looking forward to the new general if nothing else - the first 'must buy' imho, and if you don't want yours send me the presents to get mine please.
    I posted my point of view on what satisfaction I shall be getting from the game, should I expect all future events to be pointless from my point of view ?

    Is that it ? has my Island reached the pinnacle of it's existence and I should just go quietly away and grind my 800M xp. If that's the case could BB please let me know because if I remember rightly I play the game to enjoy it and one of the aspects I enjoy most is tinkering with my Island.

  8. #38
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I posted my point of view on what satisfaction I shall be getting from the game, should I expect all future events to be pointless from my point of view ?

    Is that it ? has my Island reached the pinnacle of it's existence and I should just go quietly away and grind my 800M xp. If that's the case could BB please let me know because if I remember rightly I play the game to enjoy it and one of the aspects I enjoy most is tinkering with my Island.
    You always could just skip the event you know, if it doesn't interest you.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  9. #39
    Architect of the Empire
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    959
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    You always could just skip the event you know, if it doesn't interest you.
    One could do that, sure. But then why would you expect people to come back later?

    The goal of the gamemakers, clearly, should be be to involve everyone.

    On the off chance you're someone who's read anything I've ever posted, you will know I am all for lower levels being able to succeed even if it's only in a small way. That does not mean higher levels should be left with nothing to do, and from all the available info on this event even sending my... 29? Explorers, (unless I've missed something, Explorers will fetch Presents) when I already own most everything on offer... Not thrilling. I am in no way peevish that lowers may be able to catch up, but I am already trying to figure out how to handle the flood of Presents I will have, and cannot use.

    "Skip it" seems a less useful suggestion than "Remember different levels exist."

  10. #40
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    It appears I'm in the minority as far as those who are expressing negative or disappointed positions. Not having seen the official Dev Diary yet (is there one out there that I've missed?) I'm only assuming what is based on the Wiki, normally a safe assumption (if not exactly specific on quantities/costs).

    It seems to me that for my future Improved Watermills are always nice (of course like a fool I'm just now finishing up some level 6 regular ones but oh well) because with the new bread and the Friaries I already have, I can't imagine a situation I could ever have too many Recycling manufatories (could perhaps get rid of some coking plants thereby reduce need for pinewood which could either go into more bows or less licenses), as mentioned the new general is nice, I don't mind a chance to grab some more grout....

    Guess it's all dependent on your point of view.

    Perhaps I won't 'push' as hard on this one because there is less that I need than some other events, but that's ok because it is Christmas and there will be other things to think about. I'm sorry some are not happy with the offerings. Perhaps in the future BB will keep the number of negative comments in mind going forward.

    'nuff said
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.