Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reasoning and actual players.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Well, the english profanity filter is active in guild chat as well, so..
    No, it's not just keep "more adult-oriented discussions" there.
    Actually, the issue is bigger than that.
    In non-english guilds you'll get censored just because a harmless native word spells like an english non-pegi7 word.
    Yeah. For example we cant use a very common word "but" in our native language as in "weather is nice but could be warmer" as it gets filtered.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It's also a problem in English as well as words which are acceptable but contain a banned word are also filtered.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Mostly just tossing in my vote for "Actual children do exist in this game", and the majority of cringe-making behaviour seems to come from people old enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefield View Post
    Most of TSO players are closer to 40 than 30 and our ruleset is like we are all 6 year old girls. I am suggesting that WE get rid of all PEGI ratings and behave as the actual players are. We are playing TSO because we played Settlers early 90s and are fans of Settlers universe.
    When a forum conversation about a well known and long standing game difficulty Collectibles hiding (in rocks etc) can devolve fairly rapidly into trolling an entire generation: Magnificen Residence covering colectables in fron of them ~ Post #9 it's a safe bet the average age and sex of TSO players doesn't automatically mean we're all always thoughtful, considerate, and well behaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    It's also a problem in English as well as words which are acceptable but contain a banned word are also filtered.
    How do you mean?

That the Dutch "how" is filtered on a Euro server (also a very common typo in English for the same word) has always driven me bats but at least we've regained "Scooby", "billboard", and the letter "k".
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 11.10.17 at 00:29. Reason: Citation fail

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    Mostly just tossing in my vote for "Actual children do exist in this game", and the majority of cringe-making behaviour seems to come from people old enough to know better.

When a forum conversation about a well known and long standing game difficulty Collectibles hiding (in rocks etc) can devolve fairly rapidly into trolling an entire generation: Magnificen Residence covering colectables in fron of them ~ Post #10 it's a safe bet the average age and sex of TSO players doesn't automatically mean we're all always thoughtful, considerate, and well behaved.
    I don't know how but it feels like the child in me just got seriously offended..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 11.10.17 at 02:32.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Well, the english profanity filter is active in guild chat as well, so..
    In non-english guilds you'll get censored just because a harmless native word spells like an english non-pegi7 word.
    yes this is a problem.

World
    Newfoundland
    I support the pegi7, i been on many games that do not have filtering. Its fun for a few and avoided by many.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I don't know how but it feels like the child in me just got seriously offended..

Hey SmurfAsh, I'm not sure how my numbers went awry there, I meant to refer to Tierarzt's randomly whingey post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    They were originally labelled as "Hidden Collectibles". The idea was you had to search for them but Generation X expects everything handed to them on a silver plate.
    I'll edit my earlier to reference post #9. Still, it doesn't matter really which generation, or sex, or nationality, or belief system is being thrown under the bus (and in my time here I've seen pretty much every example of "Anyone who isn't sufficiently me-like is the source of All The World's Problems" and assorted other bouts of nit-wittery, including a player, well past Gen X and/or Millenial age, who has grown so sulky about how the players here are too hard to upset so that same player (as announced frequently in Help) is off to FaceBook where it it's easier to upset people.)

I've had my run-ins with "moderation" here, and sometimes it does go overboard or gets confused but when [in yellow] manage to keep their own personal biases under control they do contribute a lot to maintaining a much less eyeball-bleeding level of toxicity than the standard "norm" that is much of the interwebz. It's not perfect, it needs work, every human can do better, but TSO chat is ever so much less nauseating that your average YouTube video comments section.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 11.10.17 at 00:32.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    I've had my run-ins with "moderation" here, and sometimes it does go overboard or gets confused but when [in yellow] manage to keep their own personal biases under control they do contribute a lot to maintaining a much less eyeball-bleeding level of toxicity than the standard "norm" that is much of the interwebz. It's not perfect, it needs work, every human can do better, but TSO chat is ever so much less nauseating that your average YouTube video comments section.
    I could have written that myself. well put Iolanthe

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    primetime like now and last message at Global 1 and nobody wanna talk at all(pegi). Almost 2 hours and not a single message at global 1. Skip those 0,1% kids and actual players will and can play and behave like we are supposed. Let us link and talk.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    maybe it's time to merge the servers

Reply to Thread