Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasoning and actual players.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Reasoning and actual players.

Most of TSO players are closer to 40 than 30 and our ruleset is like we are all 6 year old girls. I am suggesting that WE get rid of all PEGI ratings and behave as the actual players are. We are playing TSO because we played Settlers early 90s and are fans of Settlers universe.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Hear Hear.
    The game can be Pegi7 for all i care but the chat does not have to be. It's belittling and kills all good conversations and discussions. Like any 7 year old is protected from grownup talking amongst each other. As i said often, those rules are ridiculous.

World
    Sandycove
    How often do we see in chat so called adults acting like children and push the language and tone to a level where the MODs and/or GM's have to put them on the naughty step? I fear there are too many `adult' players who would abuse any relaxing of the rules for their own agenda. The game gives you whisper and guild chat, so adults that want to have a more real age conversation can do so, without dragging the whole community into it and perhaps offending some or making others feel uncomfortable.
    Its a game, a piece of escapism, and a place not to have to deal with RL issues for a few minutes, I can live with PEGI7 for those few minutes.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Newfoundland
    Bluebyte and settlers do not set the pegi7 rules, that is decided by PEGI itself, and BB must abide by those rules.
    Not to mention that although the majority of players may be adults, there are children who play.
    also agree with Larili^^

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    It does not matter that most of the player's are above a certain age the chat rules exist because there can be children present. A badly flawed system PEGI might be but no right minded adult would consider allowing the sort of adult talk you are asking for in front of kids.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    Bluebyte and settlers do not set the pegi7 rules, that is decided by PEGI itself, and BB must abide by those rules.
    Not to mention that although the majority of players may be adults, there are children who play.
    But they specifically chose the EU servers to be pegi 7 and a kid friendly zone for some reason while some other regions are not. On those other servers for example people can freely talk about different topics, share youtube or other links and generally chat freely without having to watch out every word they use. Could have been rated pegi 12 or 16 as the <12 age group is usually the smallest and least profitable or "valuable" group of all players.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    But they specifically chose the EU servers to be pegi 7 and a kid friendly zone for some reason while some other regions are not. On those other servers for example people can freely talk about different topics, share youtube or other links and generally chat freely without having to watch out every word they use. Could have been rated pegi 12 or 16 as the <12 age group is usually the smallest and least profitable or "valuable" group of all players.
    PEGI only applies to europe, so only those servers that come under its jurisdiction.
    America for example has other laws set by that country, afaik any game with chat must be for age13+

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    idm pegi7, i do have reservations about an english chat room being moderated by volunteers who's native language is not english. It would be good if they could work out a more tolerant system. I have got on the wrong side of mods more than once for a misunderstanding. what english ppl know is humour can easily be mistaken by other europeans as something else. innocent english expressions can also have the same result. i once got into bother for NOT recruiting in g1.

However, after spending (too) many hours in chat rooms on other games and suffering what can only be described as disgusting behaviour, I welcome the mods and pegi7

Quick note to mods: please don't misunderstand my comments. I think you all do a great job and giving up your own time to do it on a regular basis is amazing
    Last edited by vigabrand; 08.10.17 at 08:50.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    PEGI only applies to europe, so only those servers that come under its jurisdiction.
    America for example has other laws set by that country, afaik any game with chat must be for age13+
    Yep but the system is not one sided as the publisher is the one that applies for the rating and provides the required info for the evaluation. IIRC, French and Polish servers for example are not bound to PEGI 7 in the chat or at least had less restrictions.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    as a 12yo girl i fully support upgrading to pegi12

Reply to Thread