Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horseshoe buff

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post

Not everyone use blocks or you cant block in all adventures. The speed increase might also allow new blocks.
    It does not affect block at all, positively or negatively.
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    i just said it in Help Tab too, i hope they stick with this one at least, this is awesome. I was saying about [B]Jog[B] a few thousand times that they should keep the "[I]going faster to an attack[I]" but everybody wanted the "[I]safer[I]" blocks, which even disappeared in a very high amount after the [B]XP[B] boost and [B]Star Coin[B] collecting skill for [B]Generals[B] got tried out and hit the top of interests. Had to wait till more than one or two Generals had it and were [B]maxed[B] with the rest of the skills to get proven how [B]useless[B] many blocks became to a fair number of people.
    Even if everybody would have sticked to max blocking everybody could still change the positions - change the flag counts - change the whole guide while they're at it? Or why the hell not simply upgrade them all the same, the exact way you want to upgrade them? Either zero speed in attacking or full speed for all Generals, or just watch out which General you use? Isn't it the same as using the un-upgraded Major with zero books on him against using the fully booked Major in an attack and losing all expensive troops?...

Anyway, just had to say it but added a spoiler below to the more direct comment on this topic.

Spoiler

Now that we have this... let me guess. Too many people gonna start complaining [B]they can't get the effect of the buff in time[B] after a blocking General got hooked on the targeted Camp, or a blocking General has reached a point where now it's okay if he/she walks faster while the [B]final hit General[B] gonna be needing more speed than just the few last flags. That would make the [B]difference[B] of [B]nearly or totally impossible blocks becoming possible[B], but [B]only if[B] you apply the buff at right time.
    You see? Since when did a buff apply in [B]real time[B]? Or at least, at any [B]predictable[B] [I](at least this one is not impossible. BB could cook something in the background for this one)[I] time at all? The [B]range[B] of the predictable time to get the effect of a buff you apply is just [B]too wide[B] to count it in on [B]tight tricky blocks[B] which most likely include [B]risks[B] of a cost quite [B]expensive[B]. Be that Barracks [B]time[B], expensive troops to build, or losing the chance to close the last few kills for the LS that has already been sold but no amount of Arrows and Assassins could finish the job in time as planned so you could be in a very very uncomfortable situation worth counting it as cost.

We just need maximum (always fair also) [B]options/opportunities[B] of playing a very [B]various type of gameplay[B] and while being [B]able[B] to completely succeed in a [B]fair rate of difference[B] from other types of gameplay. If you want to play by trading, be my guest, you'll be pushing the edge but it's your pleasure and that's good, but you can make a living (living=playing) with it, even XP is doable by loot spotting daily if you really run your trading very well. You can run production, you can run Adventures, you can mix between any of these, or include spending real money too, quite a few options to mix around, but all of them are fair enough and pay out as much as they are to be valued in this game, not too easy not too hard, everybody can do it but nobody can have too much of anything.

What i'm worried is that everybody wants more speed but too few seem to be willing to take the risks of "[B]non-pefection[B]" (fair concern that too) only for the sake of [B]monotonic comfort[B] such as not being okay with changing their guides to something much more [B]vivid[B] such as speed variation in their attacks, while every single other factor in their attacks and guides has [B]already changed[B], including even blocking positions maybe, just to make them 1-2 flags faster to get done, which the new version of [B]Jog[B] can do fairly well. But the [B]root[B] of all this is that it has [B]never required[B] to change the guides, it only [B]offers the option[B], that's the only part that ensured me of a fair opportunity if they would have done that with [B]Jog[B], but at least now we have that with a [B]buff[B], way much more limited, but [B]please[B], can we have this one at least? No matter how bad it seems it's just a [B]buff[B] that in worst case it'd cost too many resources for how much its worth for you or would simply stay out of your [B]Star Menu[B] and there you go, it's the same as you would have never skilled your [B]Generals[B] with an extra bit of the [B]old Jog[B] for just a limited time.

Sorry for the wall of text but tried to be as clear as possible without using any unnecessities. Happy Settling.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    It does affect blocks, positively.
    General A starts fight (Block 1), general B walks 50 more seconds, start fight (block 2), general C walks 90 more seconds (or 40 more than gen B), starts fight (leader camp). Those 90 seconds of walk for general C, should become less than 80 seconds (with bronze horseshoe), thus "giving" you 1 extra round of blocking on camp A.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    It does and both way. For example it allows generals to pass interception zones faster while in very timed blocks the fast speed joined with send lag can make some blocks from hard to impossible.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It does and both way. For example it allows generals to pass interception zones faster while in very timed blocks the fast speed joined with send lag can make some blocks from hard to impossible.
    Sorry, but that's just a myth from testserver forum.
    Those blocks you're refering to wouldn't work at all if there were "send lag", regardless any horseshoe buff.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is only one truth in this matter and to discover it you need to try it your self and see what the results are. What other players are saying in both the pro and con camps is the results of their tests. Only you have your device running your browser of choice connected via your ISP to your server.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Sorry, but that's just a myth from testserver forum.
    Those blocks you're refering to wouldn't work at all if there were "send lag", regardless any horseshoe buff.
    If you are doing a multi general block that requires precise timing and delays the extra speed will of course slightly contribute to the process so its wrong to say it has no effect at all. Someone might have previously succeeded even the harder ones in bad conditions but might not with the speed buff. 15% is almost a second from 5 seconds. If a guide for example tells you to send a general when the other one is at specific position (flag) the timing has higher error margin than previously depending of course how tight the block is.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you are doing a multi general block that requires precise timing and delays the extra speed will of course slightly contribute to the process so its wrong to say it has no effect at all. Someone might have previously succeeded even the harder ones in bad conditions but might not with the speed buff. 15% is almost a second from 5 seconds. If a guide for example tells you to send a general when the other one is at specific position (flag) the timing has higher error margin than previously depending of course how tight the block is.
    That would be true IF combat round times also were affected by 15%. Here the time span is the very same and the margin are actually greater thanks to shorter time needed to pass aggro zone.

Also, it seems like you're confusing with complex multi general blocks containing intentional intercepts, but that's another deal - just some adjustments needed there.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris3457 View Post
    It does affect blocks, positively.
    General A starts fight (Block 1), general B walks 50 more seconds, start fight (block 2), general C walks 90 more seconds (or 40 more than gen B), starts fight (leader camp). Those 90 seconds of walk for general C, should become less than 80 seconds (with bronze horseshoe), thus "giving" you 1 extra round of blocking on camp A.
    Actually when you send first attack, the general will walk more than the distance that he walks without buff, so as for example, if you send general A, then you went to general B, click, click attack, find camp and click on camp, the general A will be walked already 2 flags instead of 1 flag, so he will start block earlier, thats not problem because the attacker general will pass red zone faster, so, it is really does not affect the blocks at all, unless you super computer and you can send all generals with one click, then you can say the speed make blocks easier or opens more block options, add that really very few blocks options are tight like that, it is only applied to 1R blocks if it was possible anyway.
    Hello People

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    I'm so timing all* my blocks with horseshoe - I just need to know if it works (I don't play on test server).
    Just did C8 + Leader 6 block in Princess (reverse order), where Major needs 64 seconds to start his fight after block starts. With horseshoe it was ca. 55 seconds.

I click to send generals at the same speed as I did before, my capacities in that matter haven't changed. While sometimes it takes indeed ca. 3-6 seconds to click, locate the target camp on the map with mouse cursor and click again, this delay was present there before. With horseshoe it means up to 1 second in some harder cases, but the walks through aggro zones - with single blocks - take usually 20-60 seconds, that's 3-9 seconds difference. And with double blocks it's really even better. You should try those double blocks on 1st Thief Final Attack that some guides have to see the difference.

* Not really "all" blocks, I'm not that crazy, just the interesting ones, where I can see the difference or have time look at the watch.

Reply to Thread