Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary - Halloween Event 2017

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Lordloocan3, Tomb Raiders was on the list, that's quick and easy; loss 439r 20b with elite soldiers, Nusula and MMA - would that not work for you?
    I know it's a co-op, but it's a very quick one.

I think whichever adventures were picked, BB would not have made everyone happy. They are not my favourite adventures, but part of the challenge is making as much out of the event as we can - and that may mean stretching ourselves to do different adventures. It will be worth it for the rewards!

Mampf
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan3 View Post
    On this world my account is level 42 and my population is 3470 which is fairly typical of players at this level it seems from chatting to others on all 3 servers. I cannot yet make cannoneers so on most adventures my losses will be much greater. I am fortunate to have managed to get an mma and nusala from previous events. So:

Question 3: All the BB's say they play the game so, which of the x3 adventures would they suggest I play on this account remembering that someone at this stage has somewhere between 1200 and 1600 recruits available?
    Nusala -> Outlaws.
    Nusala with R/S defeats all camps 1 round, except the bosscamp on the right side, which is the most difficult camp in this mission. (1st wave: Nusala 165B, 2nd wave: MMA 65R 155CB get the job done.)
    Last edited by Mampf; 13.10.17 at 06:38.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Melhmqn View Post
    Looking forward to the event, thank you BB.

In the rewards, all the current buildings have "former acquisitions don't count" next to them apart from the improved deerstalker - is this a slip?
    The Improved Deerstalker doesn't count former acquisitions to the limit. I've edited the Dev Diary to reflect that.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Melhmqn View Post
    Lordloocan3, Tomb Raiders was on the list, that's quick and easy; loss 439r 20b with elite soldiers, Nusula and MMA - would that not work for you?
    I know it's a co-op, but it's a very quick one.

I think whichever adventures were picked, BB would not have made everyone happy. They are not my favourite adventures, but part of the challenge is making as much out of the event as we can - and that may mean stretching ourselves to do different adventures. It will be worth it for the rewards!

most of lev 40s dont have Nusala+mma, just few taverns and BHG,

World
    Sandycove
    I want to make sure I have the timing for the start of the event correct. I'm not used to seeing CEST (personally I think the only time reference that should ever be used us GMT (UTC) because it would be nice and consistent for everyone).

SO, if the event starts at 10:00 CEST (I assume that is a 24 hour clock, not am/pm) and CEST is GMT + 2, then the event starts at 08:00 GMT/UTC. That is correct?

I think it is but I'm wondering if others have a bit of trouble with a moving target time internationally and I'm making sure I'm not looking at it wrong.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I want to make sure I have the timing for the start of the event correct. I'm not used to seeing CEST (personally I think the only time reference that should ever be used us GMT (UTC) because it would be nice and consistent for everyone).

SO, if the event starts at 10:00 CEST (I assume that is a 24 hour clock, not am/pm) and CEST is GMT + 2, then the event starts at 08:00 GMT/UTC. That is correct?

I think it is but I'm wondering if others have a bit of trouble with a moving target time internationally and I'm making sure I'm not looking at it wrong.
    I have found myself wondering if it's a typo due to GMT being used for both phase1 & 2. Based on chat with European members in guild they was under the impression it's 09:00 GMT.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    It's 8 GMT (2 hours difference) 9 of current British time as we are on summer savings. All you need to do if you're not sure is google one of those time servers. It will tell you what CEST time it is now, and you can convert it to any local time also. Just find one of these - there are many - bookmark it, save the setting and then go and check every time you're in doubt.

Note: If it is the one hour difference between CEST and GMT in announcement which causes confusion it's cause between start and finish of the event the time will go back to normal, so CEST will no longer apply at the end, it will be 10 CET, which is 9 GMT.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 16.10.17 at 01:54.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    It's 8 GMT (2 hours difference) 9 of current British time as we are on summer savings. All you need to do if you're not sure is google one of those time servers. It will tell you what CEST time it is now, and you can convert it to any local time also. Just find one of these - there are many - bookmark it, save the setting and then go and check every time you're in doubt.

Note: If it is the one hour difference between CEST and GMT in announcement which causes confusion it's cause between start and finish of the event the time will go back to normal, so CEST will no longer apply at the end, it will be 10 CET, which is 9 GMT.
    Exactly my point, thank you. It all would be easier if everything was specified in GMT/UTC because no matter where you are that reference stays the same and your local adjustment is based off that.

Thanks for confirming it is 08:00 GMT/UTC. Cheers

(oh, and I use multiple clocks to keep track of the time in the Phillippines and States (2 zones there) as well as my system clock on my PC showing both GMT and local time, so I'm quite used to looking up different times - my real point was that one consistent reference would be a lot easier for everyone)
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

qawpaw

Halloween 2017

At what time does event start
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 16.10.17 at 18:58. Reason: Merged

World
    Sandycove
    Written in dev diary:
    Event start: 17th of October, at 09:00 BST / 10:00 CEST / 08:00 GMT
    BST = British Summer Time (GMT+1)
    CEST = Central European Summer Time (GMT+2)
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Reply to Thread