Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary - Halloween Event 2017

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have done this(started an adv before the event starts) in previous events and have got event items in the loot.
    Last edited by leeferns; 02.11.17 at 14:14.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't agree that we got too much refillers from loot. Some of us work and have human life. Slow cemeteries? So we have something to wait for. And if someone doesn't want to wait, they can always buy pumps.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Umine View Post
    Droprates were way too high this year, or cemetaries jus too slow. Filled all my cems at first week, even without doing any Outlaws etc( with pream doing 6 Outlaws during event would have filled all archievements so kinda bad planning in there). Also only one main questchain for whole 3 weeks event is bad thingy. i really suggest that next year new golemtype borning would activate new questchain.
    So for next year:
    -More questchains
    -less refillers from adventures, or faster cemetaries
    -more archievements and just more things to do, as for me event was kinda over after one week. last yer needed to work till the wery end of collecting phase to keep cems running during farmingstage.
    Adventures giving too many refills? Not a hope. I managed the 400 refill achievement by buying them off trade, no way would I have had time to get enough from adventures, and as for keeping the fields running next week...in my dreams. Don't forget we don't all have hundreds of generals to fight with, nor do we have a stock of rainbows to buff fields or a star full of resources to sell. We also didn't have a stash of Outlaws, Sleeping Volcano etc to do for the x3 loots.

If you thought they dropped too many refills then either give them to the guild members or sell them cheaply on trade. The trade price on Newfoundland for the refills is far higher than the other two worlds so maybe dropping your excess on trade would have been a handy way to help others.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by leBubu View Post
    Could we get gargoyle/stone statue next year for Halloween? I wish I could buy one. The rest - very nice. Thank you BB.
    I second that shout as I'd like the chance of getting a gargoyle.

Perhaps one of those flaming basket (not sure how else to call that item...) as can be seen in the Witch of the Swamp, the Dark Brotherhood and a few other adventures as well?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The spawn of the Golems is spread out over the period of the event, why can't it be done present time until the end of the event.
    ie, if you play the full event the Golems spawn at the normal rate of the event, but if you miss some days for real life reasons it makes it impossible to complete all the Golems.
    If it was timed to the end of the event and you miss a few days, all that would happen is the spawn timings of the golems would get shorter, still giving you the time to complete all the golems and the Event Achievements.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan1 View Post
    Adventures giving too many refills? Not a hope. I managed the 400 refill achievement by buying them off trade, no way would I have had time to get enough from adventures, and as for keeping the fields running next week...in my dreams. Don't forget we don't all have hundreds of generals to fight with, nor do we have a stock of rainbows to buff fields or a star full of resources to sell. We also didn't have a stash of Outlaws, Sleeping Volcano etc to do for the x3 loots.

If you thought they dropped too many refills then either give them to the guild members or sell them cheaply on trade. The trade price on Newfoundland for the refills is far higher than the other two worlds so maybe dropping your excess on trade would have been a handy way to help others.
    the fact that there will be seasonal adventures was know weeks before event started. so if ppl didint prepare for event and send explorers out its shame on them. and by event there is cheap buffs for cemetaries. no need to use rainbows if u dont want. usualy events have ben so lowlvl players need to aim in couple thing that they really want etc. but game also needs to serve something for high lvl players. event that is done in one week isint that.

thisyear refillers are really overflowing. i have given them out to guildies same has done other guildies and cems are full. realmoney option is for lowerlvl ppl i think.

edit:
    And i did fill cems only by doing woodcutters and sieges. siege is x3loot and can be bought by mf from merchant.
    Last edited by Umine; 02.11.17 at 20:08. Reason: adding text

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I am happy with event, thank you BB. I have kept myself busy, adventured and traded hard, and managed to get some nice rewards from the event shop.
    I really like that you get pumpkin refills from every adventure, because when you (randomly) get zero over and over, you get a little despondent.

I know some people find different aspects harder than others, but who said it was meant to be easy? I have worked hard over several years to earn level, achievements and resources, and it is now starting to pay of with events. Does that mean I didn't enjoy the events where I struggled, and could not get all the rewards? Nope - it just meant I worked harder to make future events easier for me. This year, I have not had an issue this year keeping up with pumpkin refills; I had a plan from the beginning (adventure, adventure, adventure) and stuck to it. My husband on the other hand has approached the event with a more lax attitude, and is struggling to keep up with the refills. It's just different attitudes - a lot like life, you get out of Settlers exactly what you put into it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey BB
    you should be proud of yourselves, each Halloween event has been better than the previous.

The way golems are handled is better as you can over buff on a friend can get the achieve even if the golem is 'killed' you can use the water.

By way of improvement I'd have liked to have seen at least one of the Ali Baba avd's on x3, maybe Woodcutter as like the other x3 advs these are found rather than follow on adv's.
    I'd also repeat the request of Elco and Lebubu of a gargoyle or something similarly spooky that hasn't appeared on prior Halloweens for a new decoration.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

i been selling refills 100 for 280 pumpkins daily for a week or so already wouldnt say that was expensive..as for getting outlaws that has been easy the rumors outlaws was x3 was known for weeks so i started making map frags everyone could of done that

World
    Newfoundland

I started event with 10 Outlaws, and so far I've done 60-70 Outlaws, since they can be easily bought for 1.3k - 1.8k coins in TO, plus you can get 1.2k - 2.4k coin drop in Outlaws loot without premium. You don't need any special time since you can do Outlaws with new bronze or platinum horseshoe for 20-40min without landing time, at least 3-4 Outlaws per day will keep your cemetaries alive till the end. You could have used Stadium snacks or Werewolves howl buff on your Noble/Common cemetaries not Rainbows ( like i did ). You don't need hundreds of gens, you need MMA MG and 1 Champ, if you like 1 fast suicide general as well. This years Halloween was easier for me than last year due to Outlaws. As hades8840 said, you could have sold some refills for pumpkins or coins in TO. Only reason why some people got too much refills and pumpkins is the lack of offers in Merchant, not in my case since I found things to buy, but some players complain about that.
    Be realistic, demand the impossible!

Reply to Thread