Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buff tracker

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Buff tracker

With so many different buffs in the game with different durations and added premium bonus it's really hard to keep track of them all. I'd really like to see all active buffs at my screen, like this:

That's a screenshot from another game. Here you can see all your buffs and their durations (P is for permanent). These mini icons sit at the bottom right corner of the screen until they have like 1-2 minutes left. Then they move more to the center of the screen so they are easily noticeable. Super helpful thing, allows to keep track of your buffs and renew them when needed.
    Last edited by avatar-name123; 11.10.17 at 22:09.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    -1, the buffs already listed in special windows for zone buffs, and if you hover your mouse without open the window you will see the time and track buffs, it is not hard, and making icons like that is just adding more UI issues
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Who's talking about zone buffs? Steaks, stadium snacks, snow, elixirs etc

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    works on other games, i don;t think it would help much on settlers and my screen is already full of unnecessary clutter. option to hide everything pvp plz bb

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar-name123 View Post
    Who's talking about zone buffs? Steaks, stadium snacks, snow, elixirs etc
    So if you have 300 buildings buffed you want 300 icons?
    Also, these buffs already showing all the time on the building itself, the only buff that effecting but now showing is the zone buff.
    Hello People

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictorious View Post
    So if you have 300 buildings buffed you want 300 icons?
    Of course not. 1 icon for every type of active buff. Duration will be shown for the 1st to expire buff. So if you have 100 steaks buffed with 30 to 33 minutes left there will be 1 icon of steak with 30m note.

these buffs already showing all the time on the building itself
    and if you buff all your island with steaks for 3 days and then 3-4 buildings for 24 hours with damascene hammers, 2 buildings for 48 hours with cookies, then something with employee of the month for almost 10 hours with premiun and of course 1 or 2 buildings with bag of snow... it's very hard to remember when to stop these buildings or renew buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    works on other games, i don;t think it would help much on settlers and my screen is already full of unnecessary clutter. option to hide everything pvp plz bb
    the game provides options to hide stuff you don't need like exclamation marks, animals, generals' names etc. So there's no reason for this buff tracker panel not to be hideable too.
    Last edited by avatar-name123; 12.10.17 at 13:23.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe it would be wise to let you know in "system" chat maybe which buffs expired since you last logged on.
    For example I tend to forget to re-buff what I had buffed with rainbow snows, snacks etc...

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by avatar-name123 View Post
    Of course not. 1 icon for every type of active buff. Duration will be shown for the 1st to expire buff. So if you have 100 steaks buffed with 30 to 33 minutes left there will be 1 icon of steak with 30m note.

and if you buff all your island with steaks for 3 days and then 3-4 buildings for 24 hours with damascene hammers, 2 buildings for 48 hours with cookies, then something with employee of the month for almost 10 hours with premiun and of course 1 or 2 buildings with bag of snow... it's very hard to remember when to stop these buildings or renew buffs.

the game provides options to hide stuff you don't need like exclamation marks, animals, generals' names etc. So there's no reason for this buff tracker panel not to be hideable too.
    Managing buffs is the part of the game and challenge that player must deal with, adding such a functionality like that will add more lag and still make no sense, usually, buffs like 300 buffs are delayed and what you suggest will still will come with hundreds of unnecessary icons, also, you still be under the same chances to forgot that you buffed your building and that buffs were gone.

Again, I don't there is an issue to solve with buffs system, it is a part of the game to manage your buffs.
    Hello People

littlepret
    I agree with TheVictorious, but I can image why avatar-name123 suggested it, the buff system would be more user friendly.

There would be more function to help us with production/buffs.

For example
    - 1 click stop/start production in Economy overview.
    - New building property: Stop working without buffs.
    - New account property: New buildings after construction 'Status: stopped'.

These maybe help = less lagg?

That other game is best game I have ever played. Imo that is the best MMO RPG in the world
    But I don't like that Add-on, that add-on does not fit to the mood/style of the game and already have that game in-game buff tracker without add-on
    Last edited by littlepret; 13.10.17 at 12:39.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Managing buffs is the part of the game and challenge that player must deal with, adding such a functionality like that will add more lag and still make no sense, usually, buffs like 300 buffs are delayed and what you suggest will still will come with hundreds of unnecessary icons, also, you still be under the same chances to forgot that you buffed your building and that buffs were gone.

Again, I don't there is an issue to solve with buffs system, it is a part of the game to manage your buffs.
    What hundreds of icons you talk of? Omg, 1 icon for every type of buff. So usually not more than 5 icons at a time.
    You think it's a challenge and I think it's a defect in the game. Missing functionality.
    No additional lag, because the game already keeps track of buffs for internal use. Adding some tiny icons on client side won't cause lag.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepret View Post
    That other game is best game I have ever played. Imo that is the best MMO RPG in the world
    But I don't like that Add-on, that add-on does not fit to the mood/style of the game and already have that game in-game buff tracker without add-on
    Well, I played it in 2015-2016 when there was no in-game tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Kozlic View Post
    Maybe it would be wise to let you know in "system" chat maybe which buffs expired since you last logged on.
    For example I tend to forget to re-buff what I had buffed with rainbow snows, snacks etc...
    This idea can be incorporated into the buff tracker. Icons of expired buffs will be greyed out until you hover your mouse over them or hit refresh or smth like that
    Last edited by avatar-name123; 13.10.17 at 15:34.

Reply to Thread