Reply to Thread

Thread: general fight queue.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

general fight queue.

I thought of an idea for general fight que, quite silly but maybe some people who think alike will agree to this idea.
    The principle is simple- you could que attacks for generals, same as buildings in short, but it would go like this- you send out a general to camp1- you click a button for new attack, and while its marching to first camp, you can set your troops for next attack and target camp. The result would be that general finishes his attack on camp1- then returns to garrison- reloads the troops you set for attack no2- and automaticly attacks the next camp with fresh attack.
    Simple idea and very usefull, how it manages the troops is another question- that it allready reserves them or if theyre insufficient it stops automaticly, hard to tell whats easier to do since i havent even touched development or coding, but everyone who will read this probably going to understand that queue idea for generals.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The idea was flying in my head from time to another, but what why I did not make it a post because it is not going to happen also will not be helpful for game balance, as, for example, you send general to weaker camp and from there to get around stronger camp so you will simply defeat the system, and adventuring would be in a mess.
    Hello People

World
    Sandycove
    wouldnt this give rise to adventuring by bots?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    wouldnt this give rise to adventuring by bots?
    no?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Yeah, hold "shift" key and queue orders like in warcraft 3 You spend 5 minutes to set up attacks and go afk for an hour. This would certainly help, but I doubt BB will do that

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Can you afford the massive losses which would result if you made a mistake with one of the troop setups? Don't forget you may have more than 1 general involved in the resulting mayhem. The results could mean over a week to replace lost troops.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    u load gen wrong and lose lotsa troops, then not enuff to load for next camp, or ur gen is dead. meanwhile other gens involved, presuming u know how to sort the timing out for multiple gens, carry on and u lose even more and what about those freaky interceptions that happen now and then? i think many of us would return to find our armies totally decimated.

also i dont think it fits with settlers gameplay. u may as well automate the whole thing. maybe we could ask bb if we send gens to adventure with relevant troops they could automate the whole thing and we needn;t visit the map at all, that would be gr8

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    yes it would. maybe not for you but you can always choose not to use that feature.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Ask some simple questions
    How many of the attacks you do would this system work with. To answer this question you need to look at one thing, between each attack a particular generals does, do you transfer him to a new garrison position.

If your using more than 1 general how are you going to coordinate the attack timings when combat lasts a random amount of time.

Will this mean you will need a bigger army.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    You all are complicating this out of nothing as people allways do, i allready said at start- the general will go to its target(if its the target you selected not the target in betwean your target, since then it will get intercepted), he kills your targeted camp and then returns to his garison. You cannot change the position of garison if you queued more attacks later.
    The army question- as i mentioned allready, if there is no more troops left to fill your specified amount for next attack, the que stops or is halted better( just like building queue, you can place the building but it doesnt start beccause there are no recourses, same would apply to troops!!!.
    These thing i allready said in the post, no idea why you people have to blow them up again, shows you didnt give it a thought. ofc if you send more then one general, or want to clear another camp in the way with another one, you have to account that you cant, simple as that... this is not for some chain coordination or delicate blocking or anything, its for simple camp clear in a row.

Reply to Thread