Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: File loading failed!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    If the loading get stuck in this "white screen phase" - then allways retry.

If you'd get past that and into game ("blue screen phase") and get stuck at "Loading Tip Screen" when loading your island - it's sometimes worth waiting.

Yes, that seems to be the way to go for now - retry, retry, retry and retry again til it works.
    Too bad it won't last that long as flash will sooner or later "crash" into a white page..
    Seems like problem lies at ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    When using steam - how to clean cache?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnyf66 View Post
    When using steam - how to clean cache?
    If you look up "clear cache steam" in google, you should find good instructions for it. Since I'm not playing via steam, thats about the best I can offer for you. Goodluck

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I also can not get into the game stuck on loading screen the first white one cache cleaned and still nothing please sort this out I got pumpkins to collect and treasure searches to restart!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yay, they're awake again. Copy/paste off the homepage:

Hello dear Settlers,
    Since a few hours reports about the game not working are being made. First of all - we are sorry this has slipped our minds for so many hours. Captain Graham immediately yelled "All hands on deck" and sent all technicians to keelhaul (with their laptops, of course).
    We check back asap after receiving news from the technicians.
    BB_Pandur

Time for the hamsters to receive a double shot espresso with some machine oil for their wheels me thinks...

World
    Newfoundland
    I take this opportunity to thank BB and the Mods/CM's for the bag of tricks & treats received. Very nice indeed!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    A few buffs and pumpkin refills? Is that meant to compensate us for not being able to log in all yesterday afternoon and evening (in my case)? What about all the pumpkins I missed out on by not being able to send explorers and buff the pumpkin patches? There won't be any way to get those missed pumpkins back. And I don't need refills, I have plenty from adventures. What about the wasted premium time that I paid for specifically for the event? Very disappointed in the paltry offering, doesn't come close to adequate compensation.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Oh my... Matter of life or death obviously

About the premium time purchased specifically for the event, one would hope you then bought such premium for the entire duration of the event, no? Not just 24 hours at a time because THAT would be a waste, wouldn't it?

Feel free to disagree with me and call me a few names if that makes you feel better, but don't forget that time spent answering here, is precious time wasted away from your premium and pumpkins cemetaries!
    Happy gaming!
    I have no interest in calling you names or in answering your sarcasm with sarcasm. I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that my opinion of the "compensation" differs from yours, but if you don't like my opinion, that's fine. All I said was that the "compensation" is useless to me and does not in any way make up for what I lost during the downtime. I don't understand why my comment should bother you so much.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    This section of the forum is to be used for technical issues with the game. It is not to be used for bickering and name calling. Any further instances will result in action being taken.

Please stay on topic. If you wish to thank Blue Byte for the compensation, please open a seperate thread in the correct section.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Pandur
    Game does not load properly (done)
    Hello dear Settlers,

Since a few hours reports about the game not working are being made. First of all - we are sorry this has slipped our minds for so many hours. Captain Graham immediately yelled "All hands on deck" and sent all technicians to keelhaul (with their laptops, of course).

We check back asap after receiving news from the technicians.

Update: Please clear your browser cache & try again. The error has been fixed and the game should load properly now after clearing cache / CTRL+F5.

Update 2: If you still experience problems, please try another browser / incognito mode while we investigate if we can additionally do something on our end.
    BB_Pandur
    Though I'm still having crashes to white screen because of timed out server calls when just going AFK and leaving the game running on it's own.

The screenshot below in spoiler shows the traffic between your servers and my client right before last crash.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 01.11.17 at 01:51.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread