Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grim Reaper & Lord Dracul

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

Grim Reaper & Lord Dracul

What is the purpose of buying Grim Reaper?
    It seems to be this same as Battle Hardened. No special abilities. Also I havent seen a single guide where it is used.

Lord Dracul - seems to be useful in some cases for Little Tailor adventures but not necessarily.

So, in that case is there any point to waste pumpkins for them?

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    The purpsoe is to have a fast general you didn't have to buy with gems. There is no specific point in saying use grim instead of any other fast general with at least 200 capacity when writing a guide, and bhg is a convenient shorthand for fast 200 gens.

Any place a BHG is used you can use Grim. Handy for those whose only fast generals are the event Grims.

It's never a waste to buy event generals for event resources. Pumpkins come and go, but more generals is a limited resource.

I'm up to 3 grims and 3 Dracs now and the only thing I regret wasting is the time spent not asking guildies for eggs to buy a MoD easter 2016.

World
    Sandycove
    Dracula is a great (maybe best?) loot spot general, and with 3 juggernauts he can kill about anything with 1 recruit (not including bosses of course). And I also use him in waves to reduce the enemy down..

I save the tavern generals for blocks. For waves I prefer the Reaper and other similar generals. I think they are worth a couple juggernauts too. They don't do massive damage but will out perform a tavern general saving them for the all important blocks.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Certain adventure guides require large numbers of suicide waves, so having a lot of fast gens can make those adventures run much quicker.

World
    Newfoundland
    There are plenty of guides that need BHG. SLT for example will use 6 BHG depending on what guide you use. Drac I find is handy for LS. Skilled up with Jog and Juggernaut of course. And the best thing is you do not need gems to get them.
    Also you can just throw Drac in as a 1st round attack. You will save a few troops.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Grim Reaper, Big Helm, BHG are all the same general just different artwork. For a new player getting both Drac and/or Grim if they can to add to their Taverns opens up a new world of combat for them. For maturing players extra gens to use in sac waves is always helpful. It's only once a player has a good stable of generals that the question to buy or not arises.

My personal decision this year was since I've more than enough sac gens as skills have reduced the numbers I need not to get another Grim, I did however did get the Drac so as to add unneeded skills so as to get the achievements since this would have no negative impact on the Dracs use as a LS gen.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by czezz View Post
    What is the purpose of buying Grim Reaper?
    It seems to be this same as Battle Hardened. No special abilities.
    The point is all BB does every event is copy-pasting the old one with barely any adjustments, so GR is still there in the same place for the last 6 years.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Death and Taxes ... So we may assume Grim Reaper will stay with us forever

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    i think the generals on offer for this event are very poor. i will not be wasting my time with them

Zacar
    The generals are basically free so there isn't much reason not to get them.

Reply to Thread