Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to win a battle without loosing any troops?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

How to win a battle without loosing any troops?

Can anyone guide me trough how they have won a battle without loosing any troops? I have tried to use the simulator, but obviously I cant seem to figure out how it works! I would like to try on the Traitors adventure with an MMA, have anyone tried that? I am open to any suggestions.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Stealing from the rich is a nice adventure for that

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you :-)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    You can block some camps. Blocking is making a fight last long enough for another gen to go to leader camp and destroy it. All camps from a zone disappear when there are no more leader camps in that zone. Battles in non-leader camps that had not finished before the leader was destroyed are cancelled so you don't lose any units in those blocked camps.

It is rare for a leader camp to go down without losing units.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The question here is do you want to destroy a camp without losing any troops or just win a battle without losing any troops which are not the same thing. For the former you can only destroy camps which have the right sort of enemy's in for example the towers in the above mentioned stfr can be destroyed with cav.

In VLT the adventure your asking about there are 2 camps where I have a battle with no troop loss but they both need sac waves first to weaken them. Using Corona's guide they are both in the final sector camp 4 and 7, in both cases I send bow sac waves to weaken then so that I can finish them off with a no loss MG wave.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    • First camp in Tropical Sun (30 Scavengers, 20 Rangers) can be killed with any general using 200 Cavalry.
    • First camp in Lost Skull (80 Deckscrubbers, 120 Knife Throwers) can be killed with an MMA using 1 Soldier and 219 Cavalry.
    • First 2 camps in Witch of the Swamp (40/50 Thugs) can be killed with an MMA using 1 Soldier and 219 Cavalry.
    • A camp in the NW sector of Dark Priests (30 Cultists, 40 Dark Priests) can be killed with an MMA using 1 Soldier and 219 Cavalry.
    • A camp in Arctic Explosion (100 Karl, 100 Valkyrie) can be killed with an MMA using 80 Cavalry and 140 Crossbows.

There are also many camps in The Nords and Surprise Attack that can be killed for no loss with an MMA using the right combination of Cavalry and Crossbows.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Multe View Post
    Can anyone guide me trough how they have won a battle without loosing any troops? I have tried to use the simulator, but obviously I cant seem to figure out how it works! I would like to try on the Traitors adventure with an MMA, have anyone tried that? I am open to any suggestions.
    Hi. The Centurion Fight Optimiser has a feature to optimise for a "lossless" fight. The idea is to have a 1st wave with losses (losing only the minimum amount) and then have a 2nd wave which is lossless. Try Centurion, you can configure which generals to deploy in the wave. https://alphaorioniscenturion.wordpress.com/

Alpha Ori

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOri View Post
    Hi. The Centurion Fight Optimiser has a feature to optimise for a "lossless" fight. The idea is to have a 1st wave with losses (losing only the minimum amount) and then have a 2nd wave which is lossless. Try Centurion, you can configure which generals to deploy in the wave. https://alphaorioniscenturion.wordpress.com/

Alpha Ori
    the only issue there is if the quest says to destroy camp with zero losses you must do it in one wave.

World
    Sandycove
    Lost skull, along with the others I saw mentioned, are 'go to' adventures to meet the 0 loss in a battle requirement. In Lost Skull there is more than one way depending on what generals you have.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Any camp where you lose just recuits can be won without losses, just replace the recuits with mercenary recuits.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread