View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutko_Veliki View Post
    YES
    While now when we are hugh level players have lots of siloses and watermills it seems like overkill, many lover level players need to spend lot of time to rebuild economy after prolongued maintenance time (which is almost every time we have maintenance). All those wheat fields, wells, regular mines got depleted in few hours and it is a pain in the a.. to rebuild them from scratch.
    While when production is stopped, you lose production time, yet your fields,wells and whatever will enter the depleted state few hours later.
    Please, consider having a moment to fully understand what you are talking about. Paint those two scenarios on paper if you must, then consider what is different.

Tyvm for your great crusade for nicer island for low level players, but no. They get hurt by lost production time too.

I would like to know what is the goal of this proposed change tho ...

World
    Sandycove
    I can only imagine a smoother/faster maintenance with the chance to exclude certain items from the bugs?

Perhaps if we were given all the info, we may vote more sympathetically

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances (i.e. keep producing/extracting goods during regular maintenances)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    No

But if this poll go against the player base I hope the first thing you do is actually increase the length of premium tokens in the merchant i.e. 20k gems = 365 days

I do agree with Mutko about fields and wells being a pain for new players but I'm sure established players can donate a little wheat and water so new players can take their time rebuilding.

World
    Newfoundland
    I assume this is stop losing mines and as such its good. However buffs are timed, troops need building, searches are timed. I think a better to put a reminder in the maintenance note perhaps. Something like 'planned 2 hrs, allow 6 because things go wrong' .

Anyway we only get caught out once or twice, then we wise up and shut stuff down

Or make it so that mines do not blow up during maintenance and a period after. .

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    I can only imagine a smoother/faster maintenance with the chance to exclude certain items from the bugs?

Perhaps if we were given all the info, we may vote more sympathetically
    This is purely for what has been described in the main post: an option to have your home-island pause its production during a maintenance. You've been given all the info; it's for no other reason.

World
    Sandycove
    I assume this has come about because of players complaining when poorly or un announced maintenance takes place and production cycles go astray and or mines/ special buildings get destroyed because the player could not plan to prevent it. To me this suggestion is poor game management, you don't need to treat the problem if you stop it happening in the first place! Several times now I have noticed the game data base maintenance , uplay and or server maintenance being announced with little notice, yet I can not conceive that the staff involved were not aware their services would be required with the same amount of notice. There seems to be a failure to communicate internally between staff and then get the information out to the GM's and then on to the players. FIX THIS and this suggestion becomes mute. Nice to be consulted though
    ps. I think everybody except BB have doubts about the game continuing with Flash the weight of `sticking plaster codes ' must be taking its toll on the servers, you shouldn't be so quick to keep adding more
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    leave it alone please, i have set times for buffs, etc and this would cause havoc with it.

Any change you can fix the adv's from constantly freezing since the last update, i have to refresh about 4-5 a time before it seems to work properly

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    This is purely for what has been described in the main post: an option to have your home-island pause its production during a maintenance. You've been given all the info; it's for no other reason.
    The problem with this is all the time spent on the idea and developing it how does it benefit the player base ..i could understand it if when there is a maintenance we lost the resources then pausing all production would help as we dont i vote no

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down NO

NO

Closed Thread