View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    no

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    no

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    if regular maintenance is ongoing, i prefer my production stay online.
    if unexpected maintenance happening, i think its not to bad if production line being stopped. because in some case we wasn't ready to let our production keep going with its normal condition (ex: a powderhut is ongoing with 1 hour buff left, but then unexpected maintenance is going for 2 hours or more, so its a good idea if the production stopped, at least until we logged in)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    As Iolanthe says, it is not hard to discern the motivation behind this idea. However, this sort of solution is just a sticking plaster over the symptoms rather than a solution to the real causes of the problem, namely the seemingly constant stream of improperly tested updates that are rushed onto live servers resulting in the need for downtime extensions and/or 'hot fixes' announced with little or no warning to prepare. I honestly cannot remember the last time a planned update went smoothly.

As far as the problems that prompted this vote go, it would help to start by introducing a policy of no downtime without at least 24 hours notice, particularly for 'hot fixes', preferably including an in game mail. You can send out mails with dubious stories and free gifts by way of a backhanded apology after things go wrong and yet a simple mail with downtime details sent out 24-48 hours before it happens seems to be too much to ask? All we ever seem to get in game is a pop-up message shortly before shutdown (if we're lucky!) which hardly suffices as sufficient notice when you're sitting playing the game, minding your own business and suddenly you find out there's a 'hot fix' coming in quarter of an hour and we have buffs in the game that could have been placed up to four days previously!

But what you really should be doing is paying much closer attention to the bug reports on the test server and making the effort to actually fix them before implementing updates. I have seriously lost count of the number of times I have seen bugs that were discovered on tsotesting hitting live servers.

So, stop wasting development time and effort on window dressing and work the real problems instead... A big, fat NO! from me.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    No.

World
    Sandycove
    For regular maintenance I have voted no for the many reasons already listed
    .... however, for those emergency maints where we get very little if any notice I think this would be a good feature

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I have voted no. And as Kit said some pages back, please remember to use the vote button at the top of the page. I agree with most of the comments associated with a negative vote. The only time I get annoyed is when there is barely any notice given. I am 8 hours ahead of UK time so there are times when the notice given has not given me enough time to sort things. But again as someone said earlier, it is just a matter of rebuilding and a few clicks.
    I appreciate you giving us a chance to have our say but a really big NO from me.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Maintenance lasts for couple of hours. It has to be a good reason to stop production during maintenance and I do not see any. I would like people who voted "yes" to come forward and explain why they voted "yes". Thanks!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Frankly, there is a better idea. I want to be able to disable the chat regardless if there is a maintenance or not. Getting rid of the game chat is a brighter idea because it will speed up travelling between zones and loading the game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Closed Thread