View Poll Results: Would you like your island production to be stopped during regular maintenance?

Voters
838. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want all of the activities on my home island to be stopped during regular maintenances

94 11.22%
  • No, I want my home island to remain active during regular maintenances

744 88.78%
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Survey: Stopping The Home Island Production

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Well BB, here is a thought :

We all have buildings, that we never ever want to have running unbuffed. The whole gold chain and the FairyTale Castle are examples of that.
    Why not make it possible to tick a box in the building's window, if we do NOT want to have the building run unbuffed ?
    As soon as the buff runs out, the building stops.
    That would not only be great during maintenances (especially the "unexpected" extended ones), but every single day.
    As soon as the building is buffed again, it starts up again.
    Who ever finds this a bad idea, just simply do not tick the box. Simple :-)

Now, how is that for an idea BB ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    no

World
    Newfoundland
    As a general answer no. But why don't you create like an "ice age" buff that when applied would freeze all production in the island. To turn it off you would just have to use the solar fare and it would be back to normal how everything was before, including buffs. I understand that this would increase the unproductive time of the island and do nothing regarding the so called "unexpected" maintenances, but it would be a nice compromise that would give some individual control to the players.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    no

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    "NO" to stopping the production during maintenance
    Perhaps an ingame email to all players prior to any maintenance would be a good idea too, so we know when it will happen, and can organize the production and buffing cycle?
    Also, a 2x buff lasting 12 or 18 hours would be a nice addition (like 1/2 or 3/4 of a feast)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizaard View Post
    Now today is an example of why some people would be bothered by the interruption. Being in Australia and the time difference, I have just come online to find that in 3 hours there is a maintenance. Right about the time all my buffs run out as well as my explorers returning. Now it doesn't really bother me, but I can see why some would be really annoyed. BB you must have some idea of when you are doing these maintenance, and I think you need to take into consideration those of us that are in the southern hemisphere. There is not point posting maintenance times when they get to us in the middle of the night and we don't see them until the next day.

Just my rant for the day
    If you read the posts in this thread, you will notice that many do not want production stopping for regular maintenance. This maintenance is an example of that. These are always posted a week in advance on the forum. So everyone has plenty of time to prepare. This maint was also posted on the front page, a week ago.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Pausing an entire island should be optional. It would be good to have a selective list of resources, with an all button/checkbox, and selections for other types of resources such as wells, water, copper smelters etc, this way a user could choose to pause a specific production chain or part of one. When I've been away from the game for a while, I like to pause part of production chains (copper smelters but not mines e.g), (bakers, flour mills, but not farms). Whilst this can be done manually an easy interface to control this would be nice.
    Last edited by ResourcefulOne; 05.12.17 at 09:32.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    It's a game, play it or not...otherwise i will set the buildings to buff themself automatically untill buffs run out from my star menu, generals will be set to start adventures and attack untill all adventures will run out...etc. Why not hire a robot to play in your place when you can't? ))

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes, how many of the posts in this thread are annoyed and complaining because of buffs running out etc...BUT it was announced a week ago. Its true of so much of the info we ARE provided with, people dont bother to read it. (Though its also true BB is sometimes incredibly late in giving us info.)

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    No

Closed Thread